Attorney Derek S. Ritchie – the founder and managing partner of The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie, PLLC – is an accomplished lawyer focusing his practice on family law and criminal defense.
Derek obtained his law degree in London where he practiced criminal defense, handling a variety of sex crimes, gang-related crimes, and violent crimes. From there, Derek moved to the U.S. and earned his LLM from The University of Texas School of Law. He gained prosecution experience while working for the Williamson County District Attorney’s Office. After graduating with his LLM, Derek worked for a criminal defense firm in San Antonio before joining a family law firm to expand his legal experience.
Derek’s passion for practicing law – from the mediation table to the courtroom – is evident in every case he handles. He thinks outside the box to find the perfectly tailored solution his clients are seeking.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
- State Bar of Texas
- ID Number: 24116972
- English: Spoken, Written
- University of Texas - Austin
- LL.M. (2018) | LAW
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Laywers Association
- San Antonio Bar Association - Family Law Section
- State Bar of Texas  # 24116972
- The Law Office of Derek S. Ritchie, PLLC
- Q. Repeated violation of no contact and continued family violence. Are the charges. Will i be able to get probation?
- A: In regards to receiving probation or continuing to be on probation , it will all depend on the circumstances of the violations. They are most likely trying to revoke the probation for the repeated violations. Consult an attorney, and explain your situation and they will be able to advise you on your options in fighting these charges.