My reason to become an attorney was simple - I wanted to help people navigate the legal system, whether it was in business or the criminal justice system. I was (and still am) an entrepreneur before I became an attorney, and I have been a part of over a half dozen startups, both large and small. These experiences gave me a wealth of real-world experiences that I bring to my practice. I am also passionate about the criminal justice system, and many of the common issues surrounding the system, and want to help my clients go through this process with as minor of an impact on their lives as possible. Everyone makes mistakes in life, and I don't believe that these mistakes should be with people their whole lives - my goal is to help my clients through this process.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
I give all clients a free initial consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
I occasionally will accept contingency fees.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founder / Attorney
- Haake Law Firm, LLC
- - Current
- Founded law firm to help small businesses, entrepreneurs and startups in Missouri.
- Co-Founder & CTO
- Campus Shift
- - Current
- Campus Shift is the “Kayak” for textbooks + “Craigslist” for college students. Started company while in law school to avoid high textbook costs by building a search engine and developed key partnerships to capture and store textbook prices and trends. Software allowed for a 95% overall savings on college textbooks and resulted in almost 35,000 users. Secured $41,000 with three grants and $50,000 in a pre-seed round for the company’s initial funding and became a portfolio company at the Youngstown Business Incubator. Developed the web, iPhone and Android applications. Oversaw and created the development team while part of the YBI Incubator Represented the company in national television, radio and print media, including Kiplingers, The Wall Street Journal, First Business and WGN.
- Co-Founder / Director
- OptiCon Systems, Inc.
- Part of a group that formed to acquire the IP of an end-of-lifed business unit from Corning Cable Systems and restart its fiber optic network management software operations. Instrumental in the negotiations and initial acquisition of this business unit’s IP. Drafted and completed the company’s 211 and SB2 filings and subsequent NASD and SEC comments that allowed the company to become publicly reporting. Aided in the spinoff of two subordinate business units, and then was instrumental in the process of spinning both companies off using the 15c211 process.
- NeuWorld Communications
- CTO and Co-Founder, NeuWorld Communications Co-founded a SMB VoIP provider in Dallas, Fort Worth and Tampa. Developed the initial technology and key partnerships for the company’s initial services. Negotiated and closed key partnerships with Level 3 Communications, Polycom and Cisco to provide tools, hardware and network services for VoIP service.
- Business Analyst
- Provided on-site support to startup incumbent telephone company, Valor Telecom (now Windstream Communications). Created the client’s reporting tools and developed their treatment and QA reporting systems. Worked directly with their regulatory compliance departments to ensure their reports were accurate and met with representatives of the FCC to demonstrate to them that their reports were in fact accurate.
- University of Akron
- MBA (2011) | Business
- University of Akron
- J.D. (2010) | Law
- University of Texas - Arlington
- B.A. (2007) | Political Science
- Activities: Undergraduate Moot Court
- Admitted to practice law
- Missouri State Bar