Dennis Hernandez, Esq. is a fifth-generation native of Tampa, Florida who started practicing law at just 23 years old. Dennis graduated from Duke University at the age of 20 with a bachelor’s in economics. He then graduated eighth in a class of 260 from Florida State College of Law and obtained his Master of Law from Harvard Law School at the age of 24. Additionally, Dennis graduated from the prestigious Trial Lawyers College and is one of only 1,378 attorneys who claim this distinction.
In 1996, he started the Florida personal injury firm Dennis Hernandez & Associates, P.A. which he has grown to serve accident victims across the state by providing customized legal guidance. The firm’s main office in Tampa has served the greater Tampa Bay area for over two decades.
We are a contingency-based firm, meaning there are no fees or costs unless we win. Whether your injury was the fault of a driver, employer, caregiver or anyone else, we will guide you through the personal injury claim process. Our offices in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota/Bradenton, Orlando and Lakeland (by appointment) represent clients across Florida. We can send a representative out to meet you anywhere in the state to begin working on your case.
- Personal Injury
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Insurance Claims
- Products Liability
- Free Consultation
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- German: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Dennis Hernandez & Associates, PA
- Florida State University College of Law
- Harvard Law School
- Duke University
- Florida State Bar # 915210
- - Current
- Dennis Hernandez and Associates, PA
Dennis explains what Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is and how it relates to accidents.The Mechanisms of Injury In an Auto Accident
Dennis discusses the mechanisms of injury in an auto accident.Major Elements to Being In an Automobile Injury Situation
Dennis discusses the major elements of injury someone faces having been in a car crash.What's the Difference Between Uninsured and Under-insured Motorists?
Tampa Auto Accident Lawyer Dennis Hernandez explains why you should always carry uninsured and under insured motorist protection.Why Should I Discuss My Prior Medical Records With My Attorney?
Auto Accident Lawyer Dennis Hernandez explains why you should discuss your prior medical records with your personal injury attorney.The Process of Pursuing a Personal Injury Claim
Tampa Personal Injury Attorney Dennis Hernandez explains the process of filing a personal injury claim.The Importance of Taking Photos After an Auto Accident
Dennis describes the importance of taking photos after you've been in an automobile accident.What should I tell my doctor about my injuries?
Dennis Hernandez explains what to tell your doctor about your injuries if you've been in a car accident in Tampa, FL or any other Florida jurisdiction.What Should I Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident?
Tampa Injury Attorney Dennis Hernandez explains the process after a car accident.Dennis Hernandez Charity Art Auction
Tampa attorney Dennis Hernandez hosts: Benefiting the Leukemia Lymphoma Society March 29, 2014
- Q. I have a lease that expires 1017. Landlord has not provided a new lease to sign yet nor have they served a termination.
- A: It depends on how the original contract you signed is worded. Some times you can go month to month at the same rate. Sometimes you go month to month, but with an increased rate. I would discuss this with your landlord first before seeking legal representation.
- Q. My exhusband had our children for 4 days one of our childrens arm got broke another child pushed her down.
- A: You could seek litigation, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will win. I would look for an attorney that is willing to review the case in detail prior to making any definitive actions.
- Q. We let out our apartment on Craigslist for a temporary weekend rental.
- A: It depends on the details. I would research the best attorney for that particular field and have them review the case with a fine tooth comb.
- Q. A staff member at the on-profit housing program that I am with, made false accusations against me. Can you please help
- A: I would recommend that you consult an attorney to review the case in more detail.
- Q. My brother suffered a severe spinal injury -
- A: It depends on the details. I would consult a lawyer to review your case in detail.
- Q. what can I do about my son being assaulted at school?
- A: I would refer to an attorney for a consultation. Situations like this can be delicate, but if you feel that your son's rights have been violated, then you have the ability to dig further into the situation. Best of luck
- Q. Can I sue a previous dog owner if they gave us a dog that has bitten us & they never warned us about him being this way?
- A: you can sue, for anything, but that doesn't mean you will win the case or a settlement. I would research and consult an attorney that specializes in these cases.
- Q. Can a motorist sue for physical, emotional damages after driving away fine, and not fillng an insurance claim in nj?
- A: They can file whatever they would like. I would seek legal representation in any situation, and not answer any questions with out your attorney present to advise you.
- Q. My employee was driving her car while traveling to meet with a client and was in an accident.
- A: Depends on the little details. I would consult an attorney and not answer any questions without representation.