Deborah works with clients to craft estate plans to carry out their succession goals, while also protecting them in the event they lose capacity. She guides individuals through the probate and trust administration process. She is ready to assist in all disputes that arise in the context of estates and probate. She is also an experienced appellate attorney.
Deborah graduated from the University of Utah College of Law in 2011, Order of the Coif. She then served a clerkship for the Honorable Carolyn B. McHugh at the Utah Court of Appeals. Before entering private practice, Deborah was an assistant attorney general in the Criminal Appeals Division of the Utah Attorney General's Office.
Deborah is a member of the Utah Supreme Court's Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence; the David K. Watkiss-Sutherland II Inn of Court; the Utah State Bar's Appellate Practice, Business Law, Estate Planning, and Elder Law Sections; and Women Lawyers of Utah.
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat fees available for some services.
- The University of Utah S.J. Quinney College of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Order of the Coif (top 10 percent of graduating class); CALI Award (highest class grade) in Estate Planning. Outstanding Achievement Awards in: Trusts and Estates, Property, Evidence, Administrative Law, Criminal Law, First Amendment & the Press. Quinney Research Fellow. Co-president of Public Interest Law Organization
- Activities: Journal of Law and Family Studies; Public Interest Law Organization
- Utah State Bar  # 13653
- Utah Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the Rules of Evidence
- - Current
- David K. Watkiss-Sutherland II Inn of Court
- Associate member
- - Current
- Carr | Woodall, PLLC