Free Consultation: (863) 937-9100Tap to Call This Lawyer
Deborah Annette Carroll

Deborah Annette Carroll

Carroll Law Group and Building Families Adoption Agency
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Deborah Carroll grew up in central Florida, raised her family in central Florida and committed her practice to her hometown area. She graduated in 1999 from University of South Florida with a B.A. in Business Management. In 2002, Ms. Carroll graduated from Stetson University with her MBA and Stetson University College of Law with her JD.

Following law school, Ms. Carroll worked as an Assistant Public Defender with the 10th Judicial Circuit in Bartow, Florida, with both felony and misdemeanor cases. In 2005, Ms. Carroll went into private practice with a well known law firm in Lakeland, FL handling both criminal defense cases, family law cases and adoption cases. She opened her own law firm in 2010 and concentrates her areas of practice in adoption, family law and criminal defense. Ms. Carroll is an experienced trial attorney in both family court and criminal court. She is known to be an aggressive advocate for her clients.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
Additional Practice Area
  • Adoptions
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Building Families Adoption Agency
- Current
Attorney/Managing Member
Carroll Law Group, PL
- Current
Harbsmeier DeZayas LLP
Office of the Public Defender 10th Judicial Circuit
Stetson University College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
Placeholder image for education.
Stetson University
MBA (2002) | Business Management
Stetson University Logo
University of South Florida
B.A. (1999) | Business Management
University of South Florida Logo
Polk State College
A.A. (1997) | Business
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Polk Association of Women Laywers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Adoption Council
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Polk County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar # 626732
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Keiser University Advisory Board
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. What does this mean, was their a judgement or a hearing already
A: The judge made a determination that an emergency existed that justified entering an order without the other party being present.
Q. My wife and I are going to use a known sperm donor. We’re in the state of Florida and we want to know the right we hav
A: It is important to have a legally sufficient donor contract executed before the procedure. Once the baby has been born, you will need to complete the parentage process for the spouse who is not the birth parent by filing for adoption.
Q. Can my father adopt my daughter?
A: Your father can file a relative adoption.
Q. Would my daughter who is 25 and single be able to adopt in Florida?
A: Yes, a 25 year-old may adopt in Florida as long as all other legal requirements are met.
Q. I have a stipulated temporary agreement with my daughters father. It binds my daughter to a certain county and states we
A: I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. You have every right to file a motion for contempt against him. If his actions are in violation of the current court order, you need to ask the court to hold him accountable for his disregard of the order.
Q. Can i get power of attorney over my niece and nephews while my brother is in jail?
A: If your sister in law is the mother of the children, her rights as a natural guardian are superior to anyone else who is not also a natural guardian. The exception to that rule is if there is evidence of actual detriment and harm to the children by being with that natural parent.
Q. My son father verbally told me he will keep my son from me (never married) can he do so??
A: You can file a motion to establish paternity, custody, time sharing and child support. In that petition, you will need to request that the child resides primarily with you the majority of the time. Some police officers will not return a child without a court order. Once you get an order from the judge, it will determine where the child is to be, with what parent, and at what time.
Q. My Boyfriend daughter lives in Marietta Ga with her mother his ex wife and we live in Miami can he get visitation
A: Have your boyfriend contact an attorney in the county in Georgia where his daughter lives. Most states have laws similar to Florida that establishes time sharing for the non custodial parent. Jurisdiction will be in Georgia though since that is where his daughter lives.
Q. If I file for divorce cuz of husband's infidelity, will he have to repay expenses & court costs?
A: You may qualify for temporary alimony if you can show you have a need for it and he has the ability to pay. For other forms of alimony such as durational or permanent, it will depend on many other factors including the length of your marriage and your need for alimony and his ability to pay also factor in. However, you are able to use his infidelity as grounds when requesting alimony. Additionally, you may be entitled to recoup money if he used marital funds to support the affair.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
2920 Winter Lake Rd
Lakeland, FL 33803
Telephone: (863) 937-9100