Free Consultation: (888) 789-1715Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Soble

David Soble

Having a relationship with an effective real estate & contract attorney matt
  • Real Estate Law, Business Law, Collections...
  • Michigan, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

(Check out the feedback from happy clients on Google, AVVO and Social Survey.)

As a former "big Bank" real estate and contracts attorney, I love to demystify complicated real estate and financial legal concepts and problems for people who are frustrated, "spinning their wheels" with incompetent or dismissive real estate or banking "professionals."

I hate when someone finds themselves at a legal disadvantage - they're "stuck" when they unknowingly relying on outdated or impractical information and forms off of the "internet." People often get in trouble when they base their legal decisions off of "outside chatter." They rely on the opinion of someone they hardly know, (or worse, friends or family members) who is NOT a licensed and experienced real estate or finance attorney, and frankly, has no "skin in the game."

For the above reasons, I actively write, publish and create books, articles, podcasts, slide presentations and newsletters -all designed to simplify complicated legal concepts related to real estate and finance. These resources are user -friendly and practical.


>Real Estate Law - Commercial, Residential, Purchase Agreements, Closings, Land Contracts, Escrow and Title Issues, Deeds, Mortgages, Fiduciary Issues, Mortgages, Compliance Matters, Mortgage Foreclosures, Landlord & Tenant, Quiet Title Actions,

>Business Matters - Contract Preparation and Review, Agreement Disputes, Leases, Banking Matters. Commercial Law, Creditor Issues, Leases.

>Lending Issues - Loan Documentation, Compliance, Modifications, Residential, Commercial, Factoring, Equipment, Franchise. Banking Law, Bank Workouts, Business Law Commercial Law, Debtor & Creditor.

>Default Loan Servicing Issues - Collection, Foreclosure, Receiverships, Creditor / Debtor Rights, Negotiations.

Find out why over 75% of my clients are referred.

Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Business Law
  • Collections
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Areas
  • Contract Disputes
  • Loan Issues
  • Issues with Banks
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We provide installment payment plans for those clients who qualify.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Affordable flat fee arrangements available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • Chaldean Neo-Aramaic: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
J.D. (1990)
AV Rated Preeminent
Martindale Hubbell
Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Preeminent
Client Service Award, 2016
Client Service Award - 2015
Professional Associations
Michigan State Bar # 49662
American Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Talking Biz - New Radio Media, Farmington Hills, Michigan
TV 33
Guest attorney on New Radio Media - "Talking Biz". Host Paul Bensman
Law Power Hour, Detroit, Michigan
TV 33
Guest appearance on LAW POWER HOUR / TV 33, with Host Barry Keller
National Real Estate Investors Association, Macomb Township
Expert Real Estate Panel
National Real Estate Investors Association - Macomb, Real Estate Experts Panel, Macomb Community College
Legal expert for real estate investors
Dale Carnegie Graduate
Dale Carnegie
Legal Answers
98 Questions Answered

Q. Can I purchase the redemption rights for $1000 from the owner on the property if the sheriff's sale happen last week?
A: Yes. The homeowner can alienate or sell their redemption rights. However, the Michigan Court of Appeals recently held in a case held that the mortgagor may, after the original mortgage transaction, sell or convey his or her equity of redemption to the mortgagee by a separate and distinct contract entered into for good faith and for valid consideration, but “the exchange must be fair, frank, honest, and without fraud, misconduct, undue influence, oppression or unconscionable advantage of the poverty, distress or fears of the mortgagor.” This means that you must have the proper conveyance and releases. Otherwise, you open yourself up to a lawsuit. Contact a competent real estate attorney.
Q. What is the best way to break a lease due to continuous noise (freight train blares whistle repeatedly, nightly)?
A: It could be argued that since knew of the train tracks before moving in you should have verified the train schedule with the Amtrak, etc. The Landlord should not be the source of the train schedule. That said, you could argue that the property is not habitable because of the train schedule. Tough argument to make. I think the best thing to do is to get a release from the LL for a negotiated sum or fee. Hope this helps.
Q. Redemption period ended 7/9, we are still in house til 16 th. Can lender put us back on title so we can refinance
A: It is highly unlikely that the lender will work with you as a 'refinance,' however, if you show that you have been approved for a mortgage WITHOUT CONDITIONS, and there is no third party bidder, you could take a stab at it with the lender REO department. If this is a government backed mortgage (FHA or FNMA) then the odds are not good.
Q. What's the quickest way for me to stop collections calls from happening? I'm sick of the harassment!
A: Well, the quickest way to stop harassment from collection agents is to cite the FDCPA {"Fair Debt Collection Practices Act") by saying, "pursuant to the FDCPA - stop calling my home, office etc." Continued violation of the Act subjects the collector to a law suits, damages, fines and attorney fees. A more extreme measure would be to file bankruptcy. However, most debts can be negotiated with the help of a competent debt resolution attorney. Proceed with caution if you are considering a debt settlement company, which is far different from having a licensed experienced attorney negotiate and settle your issue once and for all.
Q. We closed on our new house sellers have 30 days to vacate can we go on the property and put in a fence before 30 days
A: You should be able to. It really depends on what you placed in the PA provisions. However, as the new owners of the home you have the ability to make improvements to the property, provided however, that you do not interfere with their occupancy. You may even want to reach out to the former seller and let them know that your fencing contractors are coming.
Q. Our house is for sale and we have it listed with an agent. When our agent was out of town a friend recommended our home
A: If you have a listing agreement with your real estate agent, they are entitled to a commission as most listing agreements commonly protect the agent and their commission for events such as these. You should also be aware that there is usually a 180 day protection period even after the listing expires. This means that within 180 days after the listing expires, should a buyer who had previously seen the property during their listing, and later purchases the home, the agent is still entitled to their commission. This is because they are considered the 'procuring cause" of the sale.
Q. The sellers of our home replaced the septic and damaged the sprinklers (without disclosing that). Do we have recourse?
A: The Seller's Disclosure requires that "known" defects with the condition of the home are disclosed by Seller. So (playing devil's advocate) this matter could have been unbeknownst to them as well. I suggest small claims court after a call to Seller to resolve. Good luck.
Q. Mom mom is elderly and wants my name on her deed to her house that is paid for. Do we need to hire a lawyer for this?
A: What kind of deed? A quit claim deed? A Warranty Deed? A Covenant Deed? A Ladybird Deed? Does she want you to hold it Jointly with Rights of Full Survivorship or as tenants in common? If you don't draft deeds on a regular basis, it is probably best to use a real estate attorney to properly convey title to a property. That way you know it is done right and there are no far reaching legal or tax consequences. See
Q. i need to know what to do if my property has been forclosed on
A: You can either contact your lender, use an attorney to work out a forbearance agreement, or you can file bankruptcy to stop a foreclosure sale. See my book - Getting Out Of Foreclosure: The No Nonsense Guide To Saving Your Home (Pibley Press, 2003) at
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
31800 Northwestern Hwy
Suite 350
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Toll-Free: (888) 789-1715