Free Consultation: (505) 395-0042Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Humphreys

David Humphreys

Trial Lawyers ~ Consumer Advocates
  • Consumer Law, Foreclosure Defense, Collections ...
  • New Mexico, Oklahoma
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been practicing law since 1987 and have participated in dozens of trials and settlements resulting in million dollar recoveries for many of our consumer law clients, including in the areas of consumer credit, mortgage loan servicing, debt collection and credit reporting. I provide training to lawyers across the country in the area of consumer law and trial skills training. My partner, Luke Wallace, and I are dedicated to fully understanding the truth of our client’s story and to sharing this truth with the jury. Our results speak for themselves. We have earned a reputation for taking on matters that have drawn national attention. Trial by jury is a powerful equalizer in our society but the truth is that the system works best for the party who does the hard work necessary to understand and speak the truth.

Practice Areas
Consumer Law
Class Action, Lemon Law
Foreclosure Defense
Insurance Claims
Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Additional Practice Areas
  • Wrongful Foreclosure
  • Predatory Loans
  • Identity Theft
  • False Credit Reporting
  • Wrongful or Abusive Debt Collections
  • Car Dealer Fraud
  • Free Consultation or 918 747 5300
  • Contingent Fees
    We take on the largest financial service organizations in the country. Our clients are working people who cannot afford the expenses of trial preparation. We carry the financial burden as part of our representation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
8th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Humphreys Wallace Humphreys, P.C.
- Current
Humphreys Law Firm
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. (1987) | Law
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
Arkansas Tech University
B.A. (1984) | Business Administration
Placeholder image for education.
Oklahoma Super Lawyer
Law and Public Policy
Oklahoma Super Lawyer awarded in field of consumer law.
Trial Warrior of the Year
Trial Lawyers College
Awarded with partner Luke Wallace for the South Central Region
Trial Lawyer of the Year
National Association of Consumer Advocates
Co awarded with partner Luke Wallace
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of New Mexico  # 149039
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Attorney Panel member, pro bono services Mentor, NMLA Foreclosure Defense Program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College
Member of teaching staff
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Taking and using depositions in trial of an FDCPA case, 2017 NCLC FDCPA Conference, New Orleans, LA
National Consumer Law Center
Websites & Blogs
Linked In Profile
Legal Answers
28 Questions Answered
Q. "Sane" mother refusing all healthcare, what can we do? Will family caregiver be in trouble if something happens to mom?
A: Hire an elder law attorney for a consultation. Call her doctor and report what is happening. Talk to her and ask her why she doesn’t want to live. Tell her how it makes you feel that she doesn’t want to live.

Get real.
Q. Car dealer wont let me return after 2 weeks of issues, says will look like repo and hurt my credit.
A: Google for a consumer lawyer with a free case review and email or call.

Too complicated to answer in the space provided.
Q. How can I vacate a default judgement due to lack of jurisdiction
A: Yes. Assuming that the BK discharge order or injunction were violated.

Hire a layer in the state where the judgement was recorded.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Humphreys Wallace Humphreys, P.C.
1701 Old Pecos Trail Suite B
1701 Old Pecos Trail
Suite B
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Telephone: (505) 395-0042
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Call for an appointment 395 0042