David Alfred Carroll

David Alfred Carroll

Your Experienced Local Attorney - 850-432-3333
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence...
  • Arkansas, Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Phone: 850-432-3333, I have managed my Law Practice in Pensacola and the Florida Panhandle for over 25 years. I enjoy the challenge of complex cases, designing strategies for success and then fighting through to a great result. I help clients with their legal matters from complex family issuers, and divorce to HURRICANE claims, automobile accidents, and probate issues. I will fight DCF. If you have been turned down by others, don't give up until you give me a call. I help with all family litigation like: divorce, custody, custody by a relative, child support, alimony, military retirement and the like.

I grew up in Pensacola, Florida, attended Tate High School, Pensacola State College, Florida State University and the University of Arkansas - Little Rock.

I previously worked as a research analyst for the Florida Legislature, and clerked with various Law Firms before opening my own firm in 1992.

Attorney Guardian Ad Litem Program: Upon realizing the need for a more balanced approach in family law to allow a child's voice or position to be heard and known in court, I along with Attorney Gayle Ryba helped in creating the Attorney Guardian Ad Litem Program.

Arkansas Law Talk: While living in Arkansas. I saw a need for minorities in our community to have access to a quality legal information/education. I established the television program “Arkansas Law Talk” to present complete accurate and unbiased information and education to the people of Little Rock, Arkansas. This program featured guests including the Chief Justice of the Arkansas Supreme Court.

I would like to be your best divorce lawyer in Pensacola and the panhandle.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Personal Injury
  • Criminal Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    PAYMENT PLAN OFFERED ON MOST CASES. We offer a payment plan on most cases to help make quality legal representation more affordable and available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Arkansas - Little Rock
J.D. (1992) | Law
Honors: Elected as Chief Justice of Honor Court Elected as Student Body President
University of Arkansas - Little Rock Logo
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 65153
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Arkansas State Bar # 92163
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Presenter/Instructor, Attorney Guardian Ad Litem Training, Pensacola, Florida
Attorney in Good Standing
The Florida Bar
Attorney in Good Standing
The Arkansas Bar
Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
David A. Carroll, Attorney at Law
Practice Areas for David A. Carroll
Bloog of David A. Carroll
Legal Answers
19 Questions Answered

Q. My mother in law did a quick deed on property right before we got married. Can he legally kick me off his property?
A: You will want to be with an experienced local divorce lawyer to help you understand all of your options. If your facts are accurate, he received the property in his name free and clear before the marriage making it his premarital property. It is possible that the quit claim deed was issued after you were married to be sure to research the exact facts and demand proof.However, there are exceptions such as did he make improvements to the property, have you made payments on the property, and other exceptions. And attorney can help you determine your best course of action. You may also have financial value in the property based upon the increased value of the property over the course of the marriage. A lawyer will help you explore this. Generally speaking, if this is your marital home, even though you're not on the deed, you will have a right to remain in the property at least for the time being. You could go to the court to get a temporary order allowing you to stay in the property if you so desire. Typically cannot kick you out because this is your marital home. Again speak to an experienced local family law attorney to get your best advice and you best course of action. Wishing you all the best David A. Carroll Pensacola Divorce Lawyer http://www.davidcarrolllaw.com/
Q. Father died a week ago. His spouse died 4 years ago. I am his only biological child.
A: I would strongly encourage you to hire a probate lawyer immediately. Hopefully there is a will. As a child you will have certain rights whether there was a will or not. You need help with an experienced local probate attorney and you should contact one immediately. Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll Pensacola Family Law Attorney
Q. Who is responsible for transportation for visitation and can lack of visitation/comm. be grounds for rights termination?
A: You should meet with an experienced local family law attorney. Preferably one who also has experience with stepparent adoptions. It seems like you would want to follow contempt of court for failure to pay child support. Ask the court to establish an arrearage amount of $8000 in Make him start paying on that monthly in addition to ongoing child support. The court could consider your transportation requirements separate from child support. Therefore you would want to seek to modify the requirement that you transport based upon his failure to comply. Based on information provided you probably do not have enough to win and abandonment case at this point. An experienced lawyer can help you with a good strategy. Financially supporting a child when child support is been established is crucially important for all parents. I hope that he will step up to the plate and do the right thing by the children. Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll Pensacola Child Support Attorney
Q. In family law, are letters between the two parties attorneys admissible in future court proceedings?
A: It is best that you speak with your lawyer with these questions. Your lawyer will have the specifics and details of the communications, and the timing of the communications in relation to any judgments. Your lawyer is in the best position to advise you. Please share your concerns with your lawyer. Generally speaking if the modification was reduced to a court order, then the court order would govern. Generally correspondence discussing settlements is confidential and not available for the courts review. However, once again, this should be discussed more fully with your attorney. There is a strong emphasis on parties trying to settle their cases without the need of judges to resolve all issues. As part of this emphasis, the courts typically will not look at settlement negotiations. Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll Pensacola Divorce Lawyer
Q. Where do I ask for child support Puerto Rico or in Florida?
A: Child support in either place if you going through the Department of revenue. He can go to the local Florida Department of revenue child support enforcement office and their staff will guide you. Typically if the case must be litigated in Puerto Rico, then Florida will gather your information, and send it to their sister agency in Puerto Rico to process the child support. If you want to litigated yourself, then you would need to speak with an experienced local family law attorney to determine the specifics of the jurisdiction requirements. Was there court order in Puerto Rico? Did Puerto Rico's court order state that it would retain jurisdiction? Has the child been in Florida for more than six months? Is there an existing child support order in any state or United States territory? Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Child Support Attorney
Q. A person has custodial guardianship in the "home state" in Virginia, the non custodial parent lives in Florida.
A: Unfortunately have not really given enough information. Typically if there is an ongoing case plan, guardianship plan, or other court involvement regarding children, then that court must be involved in any change of custody/guardianship/care. When the child moves across state lines you must also comply with the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act and have and Interstate Compact completed when child services are involved. You should really speak with an experienced Dependency Lawyer or experienced family Lawyer in the local area to get your best guidance. There are many issues that would need to be addressed to give you a full and complete answer. Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Dependency and Child Custody Lawyer
Q. I have custody of my kid for 6 years, now her mom wants to take her to SC to visit. What are my rights if she keeps her.
A: A lot will depend on the actual language of your custody order. I suggest you meet with an experienced local family law attorney to review the order. The attorney can also help you come up with a written agreement between you and the birth mother outlining the details of the visitation. You don't say whether you adopted the child or just have some type of extended relative family custody, guardianship or otherwise. Your strongest position would be if there had been an adoption. Most other forms of guardianship or custody are modifiable by the court under special circumstances. If it were me, I would meet with a lawyer. You've invested a lot of your time, heart, and soul with this child I can tell by your letter you are concerned that she will not be returned. Therefore you want to do all that you can to insure there are no "surprises". Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Child Custody Lawyer
Q. What happens in the case of two parents having a verbal agreement on 50/50 custody rights
A: Please look at Florida statute chapter 61.13 which outlines the factors and considerations the court will look at the making a determination of the appropriate parenting plan and time-sharing for the parents. A verbal agreement is fine as long as the parties continue to agree. It is better to have a written agreement, and even better to have a fully formed parenting plan and or court order. You may want to speak with an experienced local family law attorney to see what they suggest and help guide you into achieving an appropriate written and enforceable agreement. You don't mention whether the parties are married. When parties are not married, the mother is the only natural legal Guardian of the children, and to the father comes before the court to establish paternity and to establish a time-sharing plan. Until then, everything is just by agreement. If they are married when the child was born, then the mother and the father of both legal guardians of the children. Wishing you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Divorce and Custody Attorney
Q. Is it not a conflict of interest to represent one parent in a dependency case and also represent the grandparent
A: The grandparents are not a party to the dependency case. The parents, DCFS, Guardian ad litem, and the child are the parties to the case. It is not automatically a conflict of interest for a lawyer to work with the grandparents and the parent. However, if their issues are opposed then it would be a conflict. For example if the grandparents were working with the department to get the mother's parental rights terminated so that the grandparents could adopt, and if the mother was not in agreement with his, then that would be a conflict of interest. Even if there was a conflict of interest, that could be waived if all parties agreed and waived in writing. There is a potential for conflict of interest which should be explored with the attorney. I wish you all the best. David A. Carroll, Pensacola Dependency Lawyer
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of David A. Carroll
201 E. Government St.
Pensacola, FL 32502
Telephone: (850) 432-3333
The Law Office of David A. Carroll
201 E Government St
Pensacola, FL 32502
Telephone: (850) 270-7863