Free Consultation: (913) 782-5500Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Adams

David Adams

Adams Cross LLC
  • Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice
  • Kansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

30 years experience handling personal injury (auto accident, slip and fall, malpractice, other negligence) and bankruptcy (Ch 7 & Ch 13) cases. BBB accredited, friendly, professional representation. History of excellent trial and jury verdicts. Highly reviewed and recommended by Google and Yahoo users. No history of any ethical complaints or sanctions. Member of the Kansas Bar Association, Johnson County Bar Association and Christian Legal Society.

Practice Areas
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Medical Malpractice
Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Most injury/accident cases are handled on a contingency fee basis; fee percentages will be determined based on complexity of the case, and any complicating liability factors; all other cases are either flat fee or hourly.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Kansas Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Adams Cross LLC
- Current
David S. Adams, Attorney at law
University of Kansas School of Law
J.D. (1991) | Law
Activities: Christian Legal Society, President
University of Kansas School of Law Logo
Texas Christian University
B.B.A. (1987) | Finance
Honors: magna cum laude
Texas Christian University Logo
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Distinguished Peer Rating
Superb Rating
Client Champion - GOLD
Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Olathe
Three Best Rated
Best Bankruptcy Lawyers in Olathe
Three Best Rated
Best Car Accident Lawyers in Olathe
Best Lawyers
U.S. News & World Report
Top Rated Local Business in Kansas
Top Rated Local
Professional Associations
Kansas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Johnson County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Kansas Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
HS and the Law - Friend or Foe
KBA Journal
Speaking Engagements
Bankruptcy Update, Lunch Series
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
45 Questions Answered
Q. I live in Missouri and was rear ended on my motorcycle at a red light in Kansas.
A: The other driver's insurance will be liable for your medical expenses, lost wages and pain/suffering damages - including future costs in those categories. It is very advisable that you talk to experienced legal counsel as soon as possible so that you do not short-change any recovery you may be entitled to receive. Kansas has a two year statute of limitations, so be aware of that also. As far as property damage, you may be able to get reimbursed on rental vehicle expenses incurred prior to getting into another vehicle. Sounds like you may have already recovered for the actual value of the motorcycle. I hope that the insurance company gave you a halfway reasonable value - the attorney can be of some help in that regard also if not. ... Read More
Q. what happens if someone is riding a motor cycle on the highway and is struck by a power line pole electricuted, boots bl
A: So long as the statute of limitations has not run on the claim (usually 2 years in Kansas and 5 years in MO), you should still be able to pursue and conclude the claim. A number of possible issues involved in a prior attorneys involvement. That should all be resolvable as part of resolving the underlying claim. You should be talking to a personal injury attorney right away about getting your claim resolved.
Q. When would the statute of limitations begin the date the doctor committed the first act of malpractice
A: As a general rule, the two year statute of limitations starts to run from the first day that the injured person could have reasonably discovered that the negligence occurred. If the doctor covered up his negligence, then there is likely a strong argument that the two years does not start to run until the negligence could be discovered.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Adams Cross, LLC
303 E Poplar St.
Olathe, KS 66061
Telephone: (913) 782-5500
Fax: (913) 782-1383
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: After-Hours & Weekends Available by Appointment.