Free Consultation: (864) 232-2329Tap to Call This Lawyer
David A. Wilson

David A. Wilson

The Law Offices of David A. Wilson, LLC
  • Appeals & Appellate, Divorce, Personal Injury...
  • South Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Greenville's Concierge law firm: It's all about you. Every client, every case, every situation is unique. You don't need an attorney who is fixated on dollar signs. Or a large, "mega-firm" that doesn't even remember your name - or who prioritizes you in terms of the law firm's ROI. You are not typical, and I'm not your typical lawyer. My approach is different. Much like the general family doctor from years ago - who knew you personally and understood the dynamics of your family and life - I want to serve you as a true counselor. You deserve someone who will work hard to represent you and protect your interests. David A. Wilson graduated Magna Cum Laude from Clemson University in 1989 and the University of South Carolina School of Law in 1992. While in law school, David was an Associate Articles Editor for the South Carolina Law Review and member of the Order of Wig and Robe. Upon graduation, he clerked for the Honorable Henry F. Floyd, Circuit Judge for the State of South Carolina who is now on the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals. He began practicing law with the Horton Law Firm in 1993 and became a partner in 1995. He started his own practice in May of 2012 so he could devote his time to handling cases for individuals and small businesses in need of a personal attorney.

Practice Areas
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Divorce
  • Personal Injury
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    I offer free consultations for personal injury cases including automobile accidents and workers' compensation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Depending on the case, I sometimes take cases on a contingency fee basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Offices of David A. Wilson, LLC
- Current
Horton, Drawdy, Ward, Mullinax & Farry, P.A.
Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Henry Floyd
South Carolina Judicial Department
University of South Carolina School of Law
J.D. (1992)
Honors: Order of Wig and Robe South Carolina Law Review- Associate Articles Editor
University of South Carolina School of Law Logo
Clemson University
B.S. (1989) | Financial Management
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Clemson University Logo
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Lifetime Charter Member
Rue Ratings' Best Lawyers of America
Preeminent AV Rating
Associates Articles Editor
The South Carolina Law Review
Order of Wig and Robe
University of South Carolina
Professional Associations
Greenville County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Carolina Bar  # 65273
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Is there a time frame for Orders to be submitted to the Judge after a hearing in South Carolina Family Court?
A: There is no statute or statewide rule regarding the time frame for submitting a proposed order. Although some judicial circuits have rules, it is essentially up to the Judge. In my experience, most Judges request proposed Temporary Orders within 10 days. This response is for informational purposes and is not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship.
Q. Im filing for divorce. Why did my attorney include exes boyfriend as defendant
A: That is not common but it may be appropriate if your ex-wife's boyfriend owns property that may be considered marital property.
Q. Can the mother of a child go to jail for numerous cuts of contempt of court order?
A: A person may be held in civil contempt for willfully violating a clear and unambiguous mandate in a court order. In SC, some of the the possible sanctions for contempt are imprisonment, fines and/or community service.
Q. is my wife entitled to an inheritance I received after she left me as we are getting a divorce
A: Typically, one spouse's inherited property is NOT marital property but there are certain situations when nonmarital property may be "transmuted" into marital property. These issues are very fact-specific and cannot be answered without more details.
Q. husband ordered to pay wife's attny. wife already paid attorney. what assurance does wife have to b reimbursed by attny?
A: Interesting question. The ethical rules in South Carolina would prohibit the attorney from keeping fees in excess of the amount earned. If there is a dispute between you and your lawyer, contact the SC Supreme Court and tell them you have a fee dispute. They will assist you with the necessary paperwork.
Q. Is my husband of 14 years responsible to pay child support for his non biological daughter that he raised for 7 years?
A: He is not legally responsible unless he adopted her.
Q. How to get permission to move out of state with my child when I'm divorced and have primary custody in Greenville SC.
A: It depends on the language contained in the order granting you custody. Typically, if your relocation will change the visitation for the other parent (which it almost certainly will), you should file an action to modify the visitation provisions based upon a substantial change in circumstances. These cases are very fact-specific.
Q. In SC if I file an order of separation and maintenance, can I still file at fault divorce for adultery afterwards?
A: Your question is a little confusing. If nothing has been filed then yes you may sue for adultery. If you filed a Complaint asking for Separate Maintenance, you can amend and ask for a divorce based on adultery.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Offices of David A. Wilson, LLC
200 Whitsett St.
Suite 100-B
Greenville, SC 29601
Telephone: (864) 232-2329
Fax: (864) 232-2350