Free Consultation: (248) 792-2590Tap to Call This Lawyer
Daniel Hilf

Daniel Hilf

Law Offices of Hilf & Hilf, PLC
  • Criminal Law, Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawg SearchSocial Media

Daniel Hilf is a top rated, award winning, lawyer with over 20 years of experience inside and outside the courtroom. He is a partner in the widely respected law firm of Hilf & Hilf, PLC, specializing in the areas of criminal defense, traffic tickets, and immigration law. Daniel HIlf has tried over 100 jury trials in his legal career, and serves as a mentor to other attorneys.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
  • Free Consultation
    Free Phone Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States District Court for Eastern District of Michigan
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Offices of Hilf & Hilf
Michigan State University
J.D. (1996)
Michigan State University Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (1991)
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Top 100 Trial Lawyer
National Trial Lawyers
2013 Top 10 Attorney
National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys
10.0 Superb Lawyer
Top 100 Lawyer
American Society of Legal Advocates
Professional Associations
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Getting to know: Daniel Hilf
Legal News
Speaking Engagements
Preliminary Examinations, Brown Bag Lunch Series, Oakland County Bar Association
Superb Rating 10.0
Websites & Blogs
Daniel Hilf's Website Profile
Law Offices of Hilf & Hilf Website
Michigan Criminal Attorneys Blog
Legal Answers
22 Questions Answered
Q. My husband is on probation for domestic violence he got another domestic violence for attacking me again. What now
A: Your husband will likely face a new criminal prosecution, as well as a probation violation. The court will likely impose a no contact order to prevent him from having contact with you, if he is able to post bond. If he is unable to post bond, he will remain in custody throughout the court proceedings and possibly beyond.

Your husband will need legal representation to deal with both issues. For him, it is preferable that he has the same lawyer for both the new case and the probation violation to make sure the matters are being handled consistent with each other. In many cases with both a new charge and a probation violation based on a new charge, his lawyer will seek to deal with the probation violation after the new criminal charge is concluded. If he can afford a lawyer, he should hire a lawyer immediately. ... Read More
Q. I’m on probation in Michigan & my work requires a lot of out of state travel. Can probation make me quit or find other ?
A: A common condition of probation is to not leave the state without approval of the Court. If your probation officer is unwilling to allow for travel, it is recommended that you hire a lawyer to file a motion before the Judge assigned to your case to allow for travel.
Q. Can you drop chargers domestic violence
A: In most jurisdictions, no. It is up to the State/local prosecutor to decide if a charge is pursued against an individual, even if the victim does not want to pursue any type of charges.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Hilf & Hilf
3155 W Big Beaver Rd
Troy, MI 48084
Telephone: (248) 792-2590
Fax: (248) 885-8996