Whether it’s defending against criminal charges, or going after someone who caused you injury or monetary losses, Dan is a dedicated and compassionate advocate, former criminal prosecutor, and Top 40 Under 40 trial attorney who will do whatever it takes to get you the best results.
After graduating from George Washington University Law School, with honors, Dan was appointed a Nassau County Assistant District Attorney, prosecuting all manner of criminal charges.
He then went into private practice, defending some of the largest insurance companies in the world from high value injury claims. In 2018, Dan graduated from the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy at Stanford Law School. Dan knows how to beat the other side, because he has been on the other side.
He’s worked for the government. He’s worked for the insurance companies. Now he’s available to work for you. Call us today, and put the right attorney to work on your case.
- Criminal Law
- Drug Crimes, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Litigation, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- White Collar Crime
- DUI & DWI
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Contingency fees for personal injury cases only
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 5314299
- English: Spoken, Written
- Principal Attorney
- Johnston Law LLC
- The George Washington University Law School
- J.D. (2014)
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Defense Trial Attorney
- National Trial Lawyer
- State Bar of New York  # 5314299
- New York's Changing Marijuana Laws
- Nassau Lawyer
- Exonerations, NY Marijuana Update, and Handling Police Interactions, Long Island Law Podcast
- LI Law
- What is New York's "Cannabis Act"?, LIPN Podcast
- Long Island Professionals Network
- Trial Academy Graduate
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Johnston Law LLC
- Q. How do you get a record of “no record” from an arrest that was dismissed? In New York City specifically.
- A: Go to the criminal clerk in the courthouse where the case was located. Request a Certificate of Disposition. They should be able to find it with your name and date of birth; and, if not, they'll give you a "no records" certificate. Should cost you between $5 - $15.
- Q. I like to know what do this mean. OFFICE MISCELLANEOUS No Type Test, People Cert Comp Filed/ready Bail cont
- A: It means the people provided their certificate of compliance under the new discovery laws and are ready for trial. Your bail was continued from the prior date (remains the same).
- Q. Is it illegal to carry a bb pistol around on your person in upstate New York?
- A: Typically no. But if you use it to harm or threaten someone it can be unlawful possession as an "imitation pistol" (in addition to charges related to the threat/harm). You also can't have it on school grounds or certain other properties. If you're carrying it openly and causing a scene you can get a disorderly conduct, among other charges. Basically just use your head, keep it in a backpack or bag, and you'll be fine.