Dani Birman, an associate at Chepenik Trushin LLP, focuses her practice in the areas of complex business and commercial litigation, probate and trust administration, and insurance defense.
Originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Ms. Birman graduated Magna Cum Laude from Florida State University in 2014, with degrees in Sociology and Political Science. She earned her Juris Doctor degree with honors from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 2017.
While at the University of Florida, Ms. Birman was president of the Florida Alternative Dispute Resolution Team and a member of the Florida Trial Team. Ms. Birman competed in national, as well as international competitions. Ms. Birman gained national trial advocacy recognition after winning first place in the Puerto Rico Trial Advocacy Competition as well as winning first place in the National Criminal Justice Trial Competition. Due to this recognition, Ms. Birman and her team were inducted into the Order of the Barristers, a national honorary organization.
During law school, Ms. Birman received book awards for having the best performance in trial practice, trial team, and the alternative dispute resolution team.
In the first summer after beginning law school, Ms. Birman interned with the Honorable Judge Spencer Eig at the Eleventh Judicial circuit of Florida where she gained valuable experience about the practice of law. During the following summer, she clerked at Chepenik Trushin LLP and transitioned to an associate upon admission to the Florida Bar in September 2017.
Ms. Birman is fluent in Portuguese and conversational in Spanish and French.
- Insurance Defense
- Business Law
- Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
- English: Spoken, Written
- French: Spoken
- Portuguese: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Chepenik Trushin LLP
- - Current
- Law Clerk 2016-2017
- Inspired Review, LLC
- Judicial Intern
- Honorable Judge Spencer Eig
- University of Florida Levin College of Law
- J.D. (2017)
- Florida State University
- B.A. (2014) | Sociology and Political Science
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honorary Member
- Order of the Barristers
- The Florida Bar
- Dani Birman's Website Profile
- Chepenik Trushin LLP Website
- Florida Probate Litigation Lawyer Blog
- What happens when your chosen beneficiary, heir or personal representative (PR) dies before you do?
17 January 2020
- Lack of Testamentary capacity and undue influence – what are the legal standards?
23 December 2019
- Four important reasons to update your estate plan and/or your trust documents
2 December 2019
- In today’s electronic age, can you trust your Personal Representative (PR) to have control of your digital passwords?
23 October 2019
- If you are a Personal Representative in an estate, understand the Relation Back Doctrine statute
13 September 2019
- Beneficiaries of a Florida based trust – know the law, especially if you don’t live in Florida
16 August 2019
- Trust Income, know the Tax laws
26 July 2019
- Giving money to a child, a loved one, a relative or a friend – your intentions do matter
1 July 2019
- Help mom and dad with estate planning, but know your boundaries under the law
10 June 2019