Free Consultation: (815) 307-8803Tap to Call This Lawyer
Dan Nold

Dan Nold

Nold & Walsh, LLC (815) CALL-DAN
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Domestic Violence ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I'm a criminal defense trial lawyer who has first-chaired dozens of jury trials to verdicts and hundreds of bench trials and contested hearings in the last 6 years. I am now a resident of Crystal Lake, Illinois, and have made McHenry County my home. I am committed to advocating for my clients to protect their rights from the government throughout all stages of the criminal process. I am also an avid advocate for victims of domestic violence in order of protection proceedings for petitioners as well as respondents. If your case involves a motor vehicle or the police, there is a good chance that I am the lawyer for you. Call me at (815) 686-1458 or send me an email through Justia.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Only in applicable cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Illinois
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Nold & Walsh, LLC
- Current
I provide experienced representation for clients impacted by traffic tickets, DUIs, criminal charges, domestic violence, and some personal injury and family law matters.
Trial Lawyer
Donahue & Walsh, P.C.
Susan E. Loggans & Associates
Trial Lawyer
Donahue & Walsh, P.C.
Saint Louis University School of Law
J.D. (2012) | Law
Saint Louis University School of Law Logo
Marquette University
B.A. (2009) | Political Science, History
Marquette University Logo
Top Contributor
Client's Choice
Professional Associations
State Bar of Illinois  # 6309792
Placeholder image for professional associations.
McHenry County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Do I Need a Lawyer for my Traffic Ticket?
Speaking Engagements
How has the shutdown impacted defense attorneys?
Defense Attorneys on Lockdown Podcast
ITEA Certified
Illinois Truck Enforcement Association
SFST Certified
La Pier & Associates
Websites & Blogs
Nold & Walsh, LLC
Legal Answers
39 Questions Answered
Q. I got a ticket for 35 over. I got another ticket two weeks later for 19 over. (Before the court date for 1st)
A: If the 2nd ticket occurred before you were on court supervision, then it is not a violation of your court supervision. Depending on where the second ticket happened, you may still want to get an attorney to ensure the 2nd ticket is handled correctly.
Q. Have I pled guilty to a crime after successful completion of court supervision?
A: If you have not expunged the matter, then the answer might be yes. You said you were given court supervision. If that were a result of a plea deal and you plead guilty, then yes. If the case went to trial and you were found guilty, I would say technically, the answer would be no.

So, probably, you have to answer yes, unless you have expunged the matter. You are potentially eligible for expungement 2 years after completion of court supervision.
Q. I was found guilty on a traffic ticket because I missed court how do I motion it back into court
A: Depending on how long ago you missed court, you may want to contact an attorney. If it was within 30 days, you can go to the clerk's office and pay them $40 and file a motion to vacate. This will bring the case back into court. You can still do so if it was more than 30 days ago, but your chances definitely decrease.

This process also depends on the court and prosecutor, so a local traffic attorney should probably be consulted for the best results.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Nold & Walsh, LLC
7115 S Virginia Rd, Suite 107
Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Toll-Free: (815) 307-8803
Cell: (262) 719-4442
Monday: 7 AM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 7 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 7 AM - 7 PM
Thursday: 7 AM - 7 PM
Friday: 7 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 8 AM - 2 PM (Today)
Sunday: 8 AM - 12 PM
Notice: Meetings can be held in person, by zoom, or over the phone.