Free Consultation: (651) 772-3446Tap to Call This Lawyer
D. Patrick McCullough

D. Patrick McCullough

Senior Partner at McCullough & Associates, P.A.
  • Minnesota
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Pat McCullough is a nationally recognized trial attorney, concentrating his expertise in the areas of personal injury and family law. He founded the law firm in 1971 after being admitted to the state and federal courts of Minnesota. Pat has attained Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating of A/V (very high to preeminent), which ranks attorneys based on experience, ability, and ethics.

Pat is a member of the American College of Family Trial Lawyers and has been named a Minnesota Super Lawyer by Minneapolis-St. Paul Magazine, Minnesota Business Monthly, and Minnesota Law and Politics, every year since the honor began. The same magazines have listed him as one of the top 100 lawyers in Minnesota and as one of the top 40 family law lawyers in Minnesota. Since the inception of the Minnesota Supreme Court’s Continuing Legal Education Program, Pat has helped formulate the program and teach district court judges, referees, and magistrates. He is a frequent lecturer to other attorneys and is a contributing author to numerous legal publications. Pat is a Certified Civil Trial Specialist for Minnesota and on a National Level. Fewer than 3% of Minnesota lawyers attain this credential, and on the national level, the percentage of lawyers with this honor is even smaller.

  • Free Consultation
    Free initial consultations are provided for all personal injury cases.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
American College of Family Trial Lawyers
American Bar Association
Minnesota State Bar Association
Washington County Bar Association
Minnesota Association of Mediators
Member & Faculty
Judicial College Family Law Curriculum
Minnesota Association for Justice and American Association for Justice
Board of Directors
Ramsey County Placement
American Abitration Assocation
Ethics Committee
Ramsey County Bar Association
American Academy of Matrimonial Laywers
Chair of Family Law Section
Ramsey County Bar Association
William Mitchell College of Law
J.D. (1971)
William Mitchell College of Law Logo
Bemidji State University
B.S. (1967) | Psychology & Sociology
Placeholder image for education.
Board Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist
National Board of Trial Advocacy
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Professional Associations
Minnesota State Bar # 069978
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Child Support
American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
Marital and Nonmarital Assets: The Law in Minnesota
Minn. Family Law Journal, Vol. 4, No. 9, July/August, 1989
Rule 114 Qualified Mediator
MN Alternative Dispute Resolution
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
29 Questions Answered

Q. I have a daughter who is 19 yrs old and hast not graduated. the mother requested the court for another yr of support
A: It depends upon what your Judgment and Decree states relative to this issue.
Q. How can I get my support lowered as my income has decreased singnificantly.?
A: A substantial change in financial circumstances can be a basis to change a child support obligation. I would need to know much more to give you a complete answer. You would need to bring a motion in order to lower support(unless your X agreed). You should talk with an atty to help you.
Q. I am a Grandparent to 4 granddaughters that are in harms way with their parents. I want to file for emergency custody.
A: I would suggest you hire a family law attorney to help you.
Q. I left my husband we are not legally separated but he demands to see kids every other wknd do i have to send them
A: If there is no court Order, and he is the father of the children, each of you have the right to have the children and equally each of you can "take" the children anytime each of you wants, until there is a court Order designating what days each of you have. Is he harmful to the children or is there some other reason you do not wish for him to have the children?
Q. Can I remove/rescind my divorce petition at any time? Can the judge deny me that? Can I do it at the start of trial?
A: The Judge cannot deny you the right to withdraw your Petition; however, I am guessing your spouse served and filed a Counter-Petition and if so she can proceed on her Counter-Petition over your objection.
Q. Can I sue I bit into a bone from a nugget from McDonald's it broke my tooth
A: Yes, and perhaps you will not have to sue and just settle out of court. Of course McDonalds may contest what happened and if so it is your burden to prove that is how you broke your tooth. You should consult an atty to help you.
Q. Advised I needed probono personal injury lawyer for severe emotional abuse, how do I find
A: You should consult with another attorney who is experienced in Personal Injury cases and he/she could then give you the correct advice as to how to proceed. Most, if not all, attorneys in these type of cases will consult with you free of charge.
Q. I was doing a sightseeing tour of St. Paul with my friends in St. Paul when the limo driver failed to break at a
A: It could be both. Even if the brakes were bad, the driver must have known that before he took you on as a passenger. You should contact an attorney who has experience in this area of the law for help. Generally there is no cost for a conference and generally most attorneys work on a percentage basis in these type of cases.
Q. Will the father of my child get his modification of parenting time accepted?
A: There are so many other facts an attorney would need to know. I suggest you contact an attorney versed in Family Law to help you.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Mccullough & Associates P.A.
905 Parkway Drive
St. Paul, MN 55117
Telephone: (651) 772-3446
Fax: (651) 772-2177