Free Consultation: (801) 303-5800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Clinton R. Brimhall

Clinton R. Brimhall

Christensen Law
  • Family Law, Divorce, Appeals & Appellate
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Clinton has experience with family law and civil litigation. He has worked on both state and federal appeal cases. He now enjoys interacting with his clients and strives to respond promptly to their inquiries. He helps clients evaluate and select their best options to move forward with their legal needs.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Associate Attorney
Christensen Law
- Current
Fellowship/Pro Bono Attorney
Utah Legal Services, Inc.
Represented clients in divorce, custody, guardianship, and protective order matters.
Brigham Young University
J.D. (2014) | Law
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Activities: Law Review, Phi Delta Phi
Brigham Young University Logo
Brigham Young University
B.A. (2011) | English Language & Editing
Honors: University Honors
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar # 15100
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Christensen Law
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. How can I care for my sister?
A: With your parents on board with this, I'm not sure I understand the difficulty you are facing.
Q. Can my ex tell me who I can use as a daycare provider during my parent time? She was OK with my fiance, but now says no
A: Even though you have joint legal custody, it could be that one of you has final decision-making authority. If she has final authority, you may not have a choice. If you do, it may be up to you. Without seeing your decree or parenting plan, I cannot know for sure. I am guessing she is responsible to share daycare costs equally. If so, be sure to send her a bill for her share. That may be persuasive.
Q. My ex wife is selling the marital home. The buyer is her husband now. Is that legal in the state of Utah.
A: If she is violating the terms of the divorce decree or mishandling an asset that is held in a trust, that might be problematic. Otherwise, I am doubting that there is a problem.
Q. If I was served for child custody and I've been full time taking care of my son and they try to serve me what will happe
A: Once you've been served, the court case will go on with or without you if the opposing party pursues it. Thus, moving to another state and ignoring the case after you have been served would be a bad idea. Moving to another state stop the opposing party from serving you or asking the court approve an alternate form of service where you are given notice of the proceedings. If you live in another state and are served, it may be worth raising the issue of whether the court actually has jurisdiction. If possible, it would be ideal for you to consult with an attorney, particularly if a case has been initiated.
Q. ors child support has me paying a certain amount can my wife put a higher amout on divorce papers to get more from me
A: Your question is a bit unclear. You may need to ask the court or ORS to modify child support. It will help if you produce your proofs of income when the court makes its decision.
Q. If it's not my dads weekend do I have to go
A: That is up to your parents. If they don't agree, the controlling court order decides what your parents should be doing.
Q. Custody, support, interstate issues with a VERY broad decree.
A: I think Minnesota might retain jurisdiction so long as somebody from the original divorce decree still lives there. In some cases, it may be possible to change that to Utah, but it could become complicated. It sounds like the only way to get him to pay support is to officially change custody and then pursue ways to compel payment of support. You would want to build your case with evidence that the children did not do well with the father and are now doing well with you. It would also help if you could have documentation that he only wants custody to avoid paying child support. You may also want to inquire into whether you can somehow claim support before the custody award is changed. You may need to consult an attorney to work out some of these issues. A Minnesota attorney might be your best best.
Q. Need help understanding Utah Section 30-3-35.
A: It appears that (2)(f)(viii) says 1 PM on the day that is halfway into the break and explicitly contemplates that parent having Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Q. Can my exwife deny transportation I have set up for my sons to return home?
A: It would depend on what the controlling custody order says about transporting the children. Even if the court order does not allow the ex-wife to be stubborn about who transports the children, if she had valid concerns, you might not get far by raising the issue with the court.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
340 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Telephone: (801) 303-5800