Free Consultation: (407) 384-3120Tap to Call This Lawyer
Clint Curtis

Clint Curtis

  • Immigration Law, Military Law, Social Security Disability
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Clint has been heavily involved in politics, having been nominated to be a candidate for US Congress in both Florida and California. Clint was instrumental in exposing government corruption. He also exposed the inherent vulnerabilities of non-verifiable electronic voting machines.

He has testified about these problems across the country as well as before a Congressional Committee examining the issue. He has been featured in over a dozen films, documentaries and books.

Clint has also worked with community groups assisting in the restoration of civil rights as well as professionals in “The Soldiers Project” which provide much needed help to military service members.

Clint attended Illinois State University where he achieved a BS degree in political science and later attended law school at Barry University of Law in Orlando, Cambridge in England, and McGeorge Law School in California.

Clint Curtis is one of the founding partners of the Law Offices of Clint Curtis & Ingrid Morfa.

Clint and his partner established the Law Offices of Clint Curtis and Ingrid Morfa in order to ensure that disabled citizens receive the benefits they deserve. This includes both Social Security Disability and Veterans Disability. Clint practices only federal law with his area of interests limited to helping disabled citizen. For Clint, this in the only area he practices. It is not just a sideline to other practice areas. Disability Law … It’s what we do.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Military Law
  • Social Security Disability
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Legal Answers
12 Questions Answered

Q. Is there anyways to acces my sons social security number?
A: I am assuming that your son is an adult. If so you will not be able to get access to his number.
Q. If I start SS benefits then go back to work after a few months, do I still keep the benefits I received?
A: People between ages 62 and the year they reach full retirement age will have $1 of benefits withheld by Social Security for every $2 earned in excess of their allowable earnings threshold. If you are under full retirement age for the entire year, we deduct $1 from your benefit payments for every $2 you earn above the annual limit. For 2013, that limit is $15,120.
Q. I have been waiting on a decision on my SSI claim for 7yrs I still have not got a answer what do I do?
A: Social Security is running about 18 months to 24 months. Probably your claim was denied and you did not receive the letter. Go to a Social Security attorney and have them file your claim. They will monitor it for you and do a professional job of presenting your case. If for some reason it is still pending, they will be able to find out the problem.
Q. I am waiting for a SSi hearing and received a letter from Lawyer says theres a new law an I have to pay for another lawy
A: You need to provide more information. I know of no new law that would require you to hire additional lawyers for an SSI claim. Contact the Social Security Administration to verify if you want a second opinion on what your lawyer is telling you.
Q. What will happen if I file for Social Security Disability while receiving Unemployment Compensation in Arkansas?
A: Do not file as long as you are on unemployment. You will get declined and the state may prosecute you to recover the unemployment. The two are mutually exclusive. In order to collect unemployment you must swear that you are both able to work and looking for work. In order to draw disability you must swear that you are injured and unable to perform work of any kind.
Q. How can a minister opt back into Social Security if he opted out many years ago?
A: Ministers may opted out of Social Security by filing IRS Form 4361. After doing so they may opt back into Social Security by filing IRS Form 2031. Contact the IRS first before you do so since opting in may require you to pay the current year's self-employment tax and you may be liable for self-employment taxes for the three previous years. This will depend on circumstances that are particular to your case.
Q. Can i be garnisheed for a hospital bill ? i only have social security income
A: The only way that they can be garnished is if you co-mingle the funds with other income sources. Make sure that if you have any other money coming in from anywhere, including gifts, etc. that you keep the SS money in a separate account.
Q. I was married to my former husband for 12 years. When can I get his Social Security?
A: Your marriage lasted 10 years or longer; Your ex-spouse is unmarried; Your ex-spouse is age 62 or older; The benefit that your ex-spouse is entitled to receive based on his or her own work is less than the benefit he or she would receive based on your work; and You are entitled to Social Security retirement or disability benefits. If you have not applied for retirement benefits, but can qualify for them, your ex-spouse can receive benefits on your record if you have been divorced for at least two years. If your divorced spouse remarries, he or she generally cannot collect benefits on your record unless their later marriage ends (whether by death, divorce or annulment).
Q. I would like to know if I qualify for retroactive survivors benefit from 4 years ago. I couldn't apply before.
A: This will require a lot more information to properly answer the question. Contact a local Social Security attorney where you can take all your records and explain exactly what you are wanting to occur.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Clint Curtis & Ingrid Morfa
7217 Colonial Dr.
Orlando, FL 32807
Telephone: (407) 384-3120