Free Consultation: (303) 900-8598Tap to Call This Lawyer
Clark Dray

Clark Dray

The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray
  • Bankruptcy, Estate Planning
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

Whether you’re planning for the future by preparing your will, trust, or power of attorney or looking for a fresh start with a chapter 7 bankruptcy, chapter 13 bankruptcy, tax debt installment agreement, or offer in compromise, Colorado bankruptcy, estate planning, and tax resolution lawyer Clark Dray will oversee your case from beginning to end.

The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray sets itself apart from other firms by providing unprecedented access to your attorney. By working with a limited number of clients, The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray can provide the personalized service and attention to detail that are essential to successful legal representation. We offer a free initial consultation, affordable rates, and payment plans to fit every budget.

To set up a free consultation in Broomfield, Boulder, Downtown Denver, the Denver Tech Center, Golden, Littleton, Louisville, or Lone Tree, just call us at 303-900-8598 and we'll work around your schedule.

The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray is a debt relief agency and help people obtain financial relief by filing for personal bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Code.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Estate Planning
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray
- Current
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
J.D. (2009) | Law
The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law Logo
2016 Clients' Choice
Professional Associations
Colorado Consumer Bankruptcy Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
30 Questions Answered

Q. What if my lawsuit hasn't been settled and my bankruptcy is still open?
A: I presume this is a continuation of a question about a car accident settlement. The answer is the same - you need to amend your petitions and schedules and inform the trustee about the claim. The situation is somewhat better if you haven't settled yet, because the trustee still has a chance to take a look and decide what he or she wants to do, if anything. Regardless, you'll probably need an attorney to help you protect the settlement, because the trustee may be entitled to some portion of it.
Q. If I was in a car accident and my case is settled and I have an open bankruptcy, should I had reported the lawsuit?
A: If the car accident took place before the bankruptcy, your claim became part of the bankruptcy estate and it technically wasn't yours to settle. If you have a bankruptcy attorney, you should bring this up with him or her. If you don't, you should definitely get one right away because there are some significant issues that need to be dealt with here. At the very least you'll need to amend your schedules to list the claim as an asset and claim an exemption.
Q. Chapter 7 Bankruptcy question - can i file separate from my family income?
A: There are multiple interpretations of what constitutes a "household" for means testing purposes. Some judges will simply count how many people are living in the domicile, others will just look at your dependants, while others will try and figure out who's part of your "financial unit". My recommendation is to set up some consultations with local bankruptcy attorneys who can tell you what judges in your district tend to do.
Q. If in chapter 13 jointly with your wife and you get a divorce can you file chapter 7 legally?
A: You'll need to talk to your attorney (or get one if you don't already have one. In many jurisdictions, but not necessarily MI, the first step would be to bifurcate (split in two) your chapter 13 case. Then you and your wife have separate cases. At that point, your attorney can seek to convert your case to a chapter 7 if you're eligible. Alternatively, you and your ex can jointly move to dismiss the 13. After a waiting period, you can file a chapter 7 (if you're eligible). There are pros and cons to conversion vs. dismissal which a local bankrutpcy lawyer can expound on. You absolutely should not do any of this until you've talked to an attorney to confirm that you are eligible to file a 7. It's a real mess if you dismiss your 13 only to find that you can't file a 7, because having the 13 reinstated at that point may be impossible.
Q. Can a debtor try to collect a old bill that was discharged in 2012 to get services again?
A: Depends on what type of service. If it's a utility, like Xcel, they can require a deposit. If it's a cable provider or a gym, they don't have to let you open a new account. If I were representing the creditor, I'd probably advise against bringing up the old debt in the discussion of new service, but I don't know that it's a stay violation to do so.
Q. I need to file for bankruptcy as soon as possible to stop the sell of my house and I can't afford another attorney
A: It sounds like you may need a Chapter 13, which you really shouldn't file without the assistance of an attorney because there are too many moving parts. Consult this site for information about finding "legal services providers in your area who may be able to assist you with your legal needs for free or at a reduced cost":
Q. A discharged Ch 7 bankruptcy from 5 years ago. I just received a medical bill from before bankruptcy. Do I have to pay?
A: In some states, debts can be discharged even if they're not listed. I would check with a bankruptcy attorney in Utah to find out whether that's the case there. That said, simply sending a copy of your discharge order to creditors tends to make many of them back off, even if they weren't listed.
Q. I told my lawyer I didn't want to reaffirm my car loan. Is it too late to change my mind after the bankruptcy is final?
A: This is going to come down to the judge in your case. Some judges don't believe that they have the authority to approve a reaffirmation after your debts have been discharged. Ask your lawyer to find out whether this is the case before you spend the money to reopen (there's a court fee).
Q. If i owe a somebody filing bankruptcy money, and there is no written contract nor payment arrangement, what can happen
A: The bankruptcy trustee steps into the shoes of the Debtor. This means the trustee can sue you for the money. Whether or not he or she does so will depend on whether the Debtor discloses the claim, which he or she must, and whether the trustee thinks he or she could prevail in a suit against you.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Broomfield Office
6343 W 120th Ave #211
Broomfield, CO 80020
Telephone: (303) 900-8598
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Denver Office
1624 Market St #202
Denver, CO 80202
Telephone: (303) 586-4087
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Boulder Office
4845 Pearl E Cir #101
Boulder, CO 80301
Telephone: (303) 848-2864
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Park Meadows Office
9233 Park Meadows Dr
Lone Tree, CO 80124
Telephone: (720) 789-2816
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Louisville Office
357 S McCaslin Blvd #200
Louisville, CO 80027
Telephone: (303) 953-4007
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Littleton Office
4 W Dry Creek Cir #100
Littleton, CO 80120
Telephone: (720) 675-7614
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Golden Office
14143 Denver W Pkwy #100
Golden, CO 80401
Telephone: (720) 445-9874
The Law Office of Clark Daniel Dray - Greenwood Village Office
7350 E Progress Pl #100
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Telephone: (303) 327-9721