Chris is a savvy litigator and negotiator who specializes in workers’ compensation law and social security disability law. Over the course of his career, he has represented thousands of clients from all walks of life: from teachers to truck drivers and from factory workers to nurses, and union members from the UAW, IEA, INA, SEIU, Teamsters, and various building trades. He is a tireless fighter on behalf of his clients and will do whatever it takes to make sure his clients receive their benefits. He has obtained awards for disability benefits and penalties against employers for not paying disability benefits in cases before both the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission and the Illinois Appellate Court.
He represents many clients who work in the automotive industry, and has taken on such companies as Ford Motor Company, Mitsubishi Motors, Tower Automotive, and ZF Lemforder. An expert on cases involving injury due to repetitive trauma, he frequently pursues cases for carpal tunnel syndrome, rotator cuff tears, and cubital tunnel syndrome at the elbow from repetitive motion.
Chris also has successfully proven cases of total disability from conditions such as CRPS or RSD, failed back syndrome, spinal fusion and the amputation of a limb.
Over the years, Chris has had many significant decisions, including Judith Randle v. Illinois Industrial Commission, 05 IWCC 0530, which affirmed that an injured worker does not have to prove that her carpal tunnel syndrome was not caused by other medical conditions; Johnsy Anderson v. Dr. Kim Livtezy 16 IWCC 2090, which affirmed that a disabled worker does not have to perform an alternative job where the worker is certified as totally disabled, and Pamela Goff v. State of Illinois, 10 IWCC 12110I, which affirmed that tripping over a rug in the workplace qualifies as a work-related injury.
- Workers' Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Free Consultation
- Katz, Friedman, Eisenstein, Johnson, Bareck & Bertuca
- - Current
- University of Illinois
- J.D. (1992)
- University of Illinois
- B.A. (1989)
- Illinois State Bar
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Christopher W. Mose's Website Profile
- Katz, Friedman, Eisenstein, Johnson, Bareck & Bertuca Website
- Chicago Injury Attorneys Blog
- What It Takes to Win Your Head Injury Case Based on an In-flight Aviation Accident
15 October 2019
- What Happens if Uber or Lyft Knew a Driver Was Dangerous and Kept that Driver on the Road Anyway?
10 October 2019
- Eliminating the Hurdles Blocking Your Path to Success in Your Illinois Injury Case
8 October 2019
- What Can I Do if I’m Hurt Because My Uber or Lyft Driver Was Behind the Wheel of an Unsafe Vehicle?
30 September 2019
- Fourteen Women Sue Lyft Alleging that the Rideshare Service’s Drivers Raped or Sexually Assaulted Them
24 September 2019
- What Should You Do if You’ve Been Injured by a Food/Beverage Cart Aboard a Commercial Air Flight?
23 September 2019
- A Logistics Entity Faces Thousands in Fines for Failing to Provide Proper Safety Protections for Airport Workers
20 September 2019
- What is an ‘Agency’ Relationship in Illinois Law and How May It Help if I’ve Been Hit and Injured by a Delivery or Rideshare Driver?
13 September 2019
- Deciding When to Accept (or Reject) a Settlement Offer in Illinois, Whether Through Negotiation or Mediation
6 September 2019