Christopher Small is the owner of CMS Law Firm LLC, the Northwest's premiere estate planning, probate, and trust administration law firm. CMS Law Firm focuses on estate planning for one reason - legacy and family protection are at the forefront of their philosophy and beliefs. Christopher is the proud father of three kids, Blakely, Jackson, and Dillon, and understands how important it is to make sure families have the protection and safety they need to excel no matter the circumstances.
Some of the routine matters we handle include, wills, revocable living trusts, powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney, health care directives, irrevocable life insurance trusts, credit shelter trusts, A/B trusts, marital trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, charitable remainder and lead trusts, probate, and trust administration.
Christopher is also the creator of Estate Planning TV, a YouTube show and podcast dedicated to educating the world about the benefits of estate planning and sharing strategies, tips, and tricks to make everyone's world a better place.
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- Free Consultation
30-60 minute strategy session to learn about your goals and needs.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
- CMS Law Firm LLC
- - Current
- I started CMS Law Firm in 2009 after moving to Washington State from Kansas. It was a dream of mine to create a law firm that provided excellent client service, was a fun place to work, and created security for my family and employees. I think we've accomplished that, and I can't wait to show you what we can do.
- Staff Attorney
- Kansas Department of Transportation
- Eminent domain and property attorney for the agency. Analyzed, advised, and negotiated the purchase of right of way for the agency, including filing and arguing eminent domain administrative actions and jury trials. Advised on real property issues within the agency, including purchase and sales contracts, encroachments, and zoning, planning, and permitting issues for agency buildings.
- Associate Attorney
- Fairchild & Buck, PA
- Attorney in civil litigation boutique firm emphasizing construction law and medical malpractice with some class action work included.
- Associate Attorney/Law Clerk
- Anderson & Byrd, LLP
- Began as a law clerk working for this firm and joined on as an associate after passing the bar exam (2005). My practice consisted heavily of criminal defense, including numerous DUI cases, with some eminent domain and business law included.
- University of Kansas School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- University of Kansas
- B.S. | Psychology
- Member, Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Honors: Honor Roll numerous times
- WSBA # 41244
- - Current
- King County Bar Association
- - Current
The Goldilocks Method to Acting on Proposed Estate Tax Changes | Estate Planning TV 22Estate Planning for Parents Webinar 1.0
An inside look at an estate planning attorney's estate plan. How I protect my family and give them endless opportunity for success.