We are a law firm helping people to reduce student loans and other debts, including filing bankruptcy if necessary. Don't believe others who say nothing can be done about student loans - we are seeing fantastic results every day! I was formerly trial counsel for Sallie Mae and other student loan servicers in bankruptcy dischargeability cases. I "switched sides" and now represent student loan borrowers and other debtors both inside and outside of bankruptcy. Since getting rid of student loans is so difficult in bankruptcy, we have had to get creative in finding ways to reduce the debt to affordable and sustainable payments with an end in sight.
- Foreclosure Defense
- Student Loan Litigation Defense
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Accept all major credit cards.
- Contingent Fees
Contingent fees and costs available for most consumer protection lawsuits such as FDCPA, FCCPA and TCPA actions.
- United States District Court for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle Districts of Florida
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A.
- Stetson University College of Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: Stetson Law Review; State Attorney internship with Hillsborough County and clerked for the Florida Bar.
- Super Lawyer - Bankruptcy
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Tampa Bay’s Top Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Magazine
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Tampa Bay Bankruptcy Bar Association
- National Association of Employment Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Christie D. Arkovich's Website Profile
- Christie D. Arkovich, P.A. Website
- Tampa Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog
- Office for Rent for Solo Attorney in South Tampa
15 October 2019
- Upcoming Student Loan Seminars (for our attorney friends)
15 October 2019
- When Does the FDCPA Come Into Play?
15 October 2019
- Little Known Process to Discharge of Federal Student Loans due to Disability
11 October 2019
- Hire a Student Loan Attorney if you Want Fast Results
9 October 2019
- How to Apply for TE-PSLF
30 September 2019
- Ever Wonder Which States are most Impacted by Student Loan Debt? You Guessed it Florida is Right Smack in it. Good Thing I Don’t Practice in South Dakota, I’d be Bored.
27 September 2019
- Why Not Ask a Student Loan Attorney What Can be Done to Reduce Student Loan Debt?
16 September 2019
- Who Thinks Student Loans are just a Millennial Problem? The new Student Loan Portal Starting October 1 in the Middle District Bankruptcy Court Recognizes the Student Loan Crisis for what it is – a Generational Problem!
13 September 2019
- Q. I inherited property that I did not know about, and therefore never paid the mortgage or received any notifications
- A: You should retain a foreclosure defense attorney who can file a response with the court on your behalf and gain you some time. That attorney can help determine what is owed on the property, and if there are any other liens other than the mortgage. If the property is worth less than what is owed, you may not have any interest in saving or selling. If it has equity though, there are various options you can take to preserve any inheritance.