Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Estate Planning
Additional Practice Area
- Wrongful Death
Contingent Fees are accepted for Wrongful Death matters.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- North Carolina
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law
- J.D. (1997)
- Oklahoma State University - Stillwater
- B.S. (1997) | ACCOUNTING
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Lawyer
- State Bar of North Carolina
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker
- North Carolina Real Estate Commission
Websites & Blogs
5 Questions Answered
- Q. What rights does my fathers girlfriend of 15 years have to his estate?
- A: Hi there. My condolences for the loss of your father. Estate administration is guided by many bodies of law including: the laws of wills, contract, real property, secured transactions, etc. While there is no way to conclusively answer your question without analysis of your situation, in general, how your father titled his property will be an important factor in administering his estate. I suggest you contact an attorney and begin legal proceedings without delay. Good luck.
- Q. My father passed away and had an LLC small business. How will the LLC impact my mother upon his death
- A: Hello. My condolences for the loss of your dad. The short answer to your question is it depends on the actual terms of the LLC and a host of other factors including co-owners of the LLC, any will, trust, creditors, etc. Feel free to contact my law office if you seek to retain an attorney for this matter. Office: 704-544-3394 Email: Cheryl@crwatkinslaw.com.
- Q. If my spouse passes away and my name is not on the deed and he has no will. What will happen to the property in NC?
- A: Hello. To answer your question, I would need more facts. There are many factors which would determine the fate of his property to include, but not limited to, mortgages, other encumbrances, estate creditors, taxes, the existence of property co-owners, the existence of children of the decedent for example. Feel free to contact my law office if you seek to retain an attorney for this matter. Office: 704-544-3394 Email: Cheryl@crwatkinslaw.com.
Contact & Map