Charles M.  Baron

Charles M. Baron

Law & Mediation Offices of Charles M. Baron, P.A.
  • Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Consumer Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Offering top-notch legal services in South Florida for over 34 years.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Animal & Dog Law
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
Additional Practice Areas
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Car Accidents
  • Slip & Fall
  • Police Misconduct/False Arrest
  • General Civil
  • Condominium Law
  • Discrimination
  • Handicap Rights
  • Malicious Prosecution
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent (percentage) fees offered in appropriate cases
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free consultations for some types of cases; otherwise, reasonable consultation fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Finnish: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
  • Swedish: Spoken, Written
University of Florida
J.D. (1984) | Law
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
B.A. (1981) | Political Science
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Broward County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Lawyers Guild
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Broward Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Lawyers Program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar  # 509825
- Current
Activities: Federal District Court, Federal Appeals Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Qualified Arbitrator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Facebook Page
Legal Answers
393 Questions Answered
Q. An insured car damaged my property. The driver was not the owner of the car. Can I go after the ins. co. for damages?
A: If the owner of the car gave permission to the driver to drive it, the owner is liable, and if the owner was insured, then, yes, you would set up a claim with the owner's insurance company. If you don't know if the owner gave permission, you would set up the claim anyway, and then the issue will be sorted out. If there is liability, but the insurance company denies the claim or does not offer enough money to settle it, then you may sue both the owner and the driver.
Q. If you beat a case but did year or more in process of beating the case, can you sue from time taking away from you?
A: I can answer your first question, but your second question makes no sense. If you "beat" a criminal charge due to acquittal, dismissal by the Court, or the prosecution dropping the charge, and without a plea bargain, you may have potential claims for money damages for false arrest/false imprisonment and/or malicious prosecution, as well as other possible grounds - but you do NOT automatically have such potential claims. There would have to be proof of lack of probable cause for the arrest and/or for the prosecution. Probable cause exists if the facts would give rise to a reasonable belief that the accused is probably guilty. Even if a person is 100% innocent, a law enforcement officer might still have probable cause, in which case, it's not an actionable false arrest Therefore, you need to consult an attorney handling police misconduct cases to determine if you have valid and worthwhile potential claims.
Q. I was told I have a case against Lee county sheriff's department how do I find pro bono lawyer or can get paid after win
A: The ACLU takes a very limited number of police misconduct cases, without charging the client. Otherwise, seek a consultation with any attorney handling police misconduct cases. Depending on the facts, you might have the type of case that an attorney can handle on a contingency fee basis (meaning the attorney gets paid from any recovery). Or you might not. To make a determination of whether the case is worthwhile, the attorney must review multiple documents and extensively confer with you and any important witnesses.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
AmeriLaw Bldg.
2514 Hollywood Blvd.
Suite 408
Hollywood, FL 33020
Toll-Free: (888) 909-1906
Telephone: (954) 919-5669
Fax: (305) 933-9992
Monday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM (Today)
Thursday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointments outside of business hours are also available.