Free Consultation: (919) 348-9211Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles Evan Lohr

Charles Evan Lohr

Estate Litigation Attorney
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Evan Lohr is an attorney in Raleigh, NC. He focuses his practice on estate and trust litigation. He has also represented hundreds of clients in estate planning, probate administration, and guardianship matters. Evan graduated with a B.A. in political science from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2006 and received his law degree from the University of Tennessee. He is a past editor of The Administrative Lawyer, a publication of the North Carolina Bar Association. A Raleigh native, Evan is a graduate of Sanderson High School and is past president of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Will, Trust, and Estate Litigation
  • Eminent Domain
  • Real Estate Litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    The availability of contingency fees depends on the facts and circumstances of each case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Editor, the Administrative Lawyer newsletter
North Carolina Bar Association
University of Tennessee College of Law
Honors: Harold C. Warner Centurion Scholarship, John F. Schrankel Scholarship, University of Tennessee College of Law Scholarship
University of Tennessee College of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Wake County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
The Administrative Lawyer
North Carolina Bar Association
A Year of Recognition: An Interview with Senior Administrative Law Judge Fred G. Morrison, Jr.
North Carolina Bar Association, Administrative Lawyer newsletter
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered

Q. I have a piece of land that was inherited from my father and he inherited it from his father. I have searched for a deed
A: If an estate was opened at the courthouse for your father and his father, then the estate file(s) would indicate how title to the land passed. If estates weren’t opened for either, then you would need to do that to obtain clear title. There are also a couple other options you may have. Evan Lohr Attorney 919-348-9211
Q. North Carolina will challenge. Do I need to prove BOTH Mental Capacity to make a will AND Undue Influence?
A: No, you can successfully contest a will by proving only undue influence.
Q. How do I protect my interest in a dual inheritance?
A: There are several options you could pursue, but they will all depend on how the property is titled. Please feel free to call me to discuss further. Evan Lohr Attorney at Law (919)348-9211
Q. How do you locate a will and power of attorney?
A: You. An file an application by affidavit with the clerk of court to try to get them to compel the sibling to file the will with the court. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. Evan Lohr Attorney 919-348-9211
Q. My husband was left land through his grandfathers will. Does this land need to go through probate?
A: The will will need to be admitted to probate to pass title, but the real estate is not technically a probate asset. There is a fairly inexpensive way to do this that I’d be glad to help you with. Evan Lohr Attorney (919)348-9211
Q. Father passed in April 2019. In North Carolina, is my father's residence a part of the probate process? Does the
A: The beneficiaries of the estate own any real property located in NC upon the death of the decedent, although the administrator can petition to bring the real property back into the estate if it is needed to pay the claims of creditors or costs of administration. Unless that is the case, the administrator has no authority over the property and wouldn't have any say in the sales price. Evan Lohr Attorney (919)348-9211
Q. Right after my husband passed away I had a relapse in that time I signed everything over to his adult children .
A: There are ways that you can try to undo the transfer(s), but you will almost certainly need an attorney to help you with filing a lawsuit. Feel free to contact me to discuss further. Evan Lohr Attorney (919)348-9211
Q. Father passed in Spring 2019 with a Will and debt free residence. Is the residence separate from the estate which is in
A: An estate will need to be opened to pass title to the real property. It is not technically an asset of the estate but can be brought back into the estate if needed to pay creditors. If the people/persons nominated to be executor in the will are deceased, then the clerk of court has the authority to appoint a family member of the deceased as personal representative of the estate. I am glad to answer any other questions you have. Evan Lohr Attorney (919)348-9211
Q. Hello I was wandering my son passed away from a car accident he was 22 yrs old. Can I be the administrator of estate.
A: You can apply in the county where he resided at the time he passed away. If his mother also applies to be appointed, then the clerk of court would decide who would serve.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Lohr and Lohr PLLC
1122 Oberlin Road
Raleigh, NC 27605
Telephone: (919) 348-9211
Fax: (919) 930-8728