Chaille Walraven

Chaille Walraven

  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law, Real Estate Law
  • Oklahoma, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Chaille Walraven focuses her practice on oil and gas law and real estate matters, with an emphasis on litigation that protects the rights of land and royalty owners. Chaille has represented hundreds of land and mineral owners in both state and federal court, including the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. She devotes a large section of her practice to assisting royalty owners in enforcing the terms and conditions of their oil and gas leases. Since Chaille’s great-grandfather founded the family ranch over a century ago, four generations of her family have been land and mineral owners.

Chaille was born and raised in Western Oklahoma and graduated Valedictorian from Clinton High School. She then attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas, where she earned both her undergraduate and law degrees. She also met her husband, Mark, at Baylor. While in law school, Chaille was actively involved in Baylor’s nationally-ranked advocacy programs and the Baylor Law Review. She participated in moot court and was a member of Baylor’s National Mock Trial championship team. After graduating from law school, Chaille followed in her father’s footsteps and joined the firm her father founded in 1967.

Chaille and Mark have three boys, Jackson, Christian and Elias, and enjoy spending as much time together as possible. In addition to family activities, Chaille enjoys spending time outdoors, traveling, cooking, horseback riding and scuba diving.

Practice Areas
Energy, Oil & Gas Law
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
ID Number: 31256
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24117709
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Baylor Law School
J.D. (2012)
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Activities: Baylor Law Review
Baylor Law School Logo
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 31256
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oklahoma Bar Foundation
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
G&W Website
Graft & Walraven
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. It has been 9 months since first production. How do I get the oil company, Red Wolf, to pay the 12% late fee?
A: In Oklahoma, operators are required to remit payment within six months from the date of the first sale of production. Failure to do so can trigger late interest payments pursuant to 52 Okla. Stat. § 570.10. You are correct that if you have marketable title, you are entitled to 12% interest on late payments under Section D. However, if you do not have marketable title (whether easily corrected or not) you are only entitled to the prime interest rate as reported in the Wall Street Journal for late payments accrued after November 1, 2018. From your question, it appears the key issue is whether you hold marketable title as that will impact how much interest you are owed.
Q. MY brothers who were executor and co-executor of my mother will will not sign over my part of the mineral rights and
A: As a general rule, at the completion of a probate proceeding in Oklahoma the district court will enter an order that all assets remaining in the estate be distributed to the heirs-at-law if there is no will or to the legatees/devisees if there is a will. If there was a probate proceeding you should be able to obtain a copy of this order, typically referred to as a Final Decree. An attorney can assist you in ensuring that the personal representatives properly distribute the assets to which you are entitled pursuant to this order.
Q. My mother died almost 2 years ago she had transfer upon death deed naming me the only child as her benafiary..How do I
A: If your mother executed a deed in conformance with the Non-Testamentary Transfer of Property Act (commonly referred to as a Transfer on Death Deed) naming you as the beneficiary, you are required to record an affidavit of acceptance within 9 months from the date of your mother's death. If an acceptance was not timely recorded, the property would revert back to your mother's estate, likely requiring a probate proceeding.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Graft & Walraven
Clinton Office
525 N. 6th Street
Clinton, OK 73601
Telephone: (580) 323-1516
Graft & Walraven
OKC Office
4801 Gaillardia Parkway
Suite 150
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
Telephone: (405) 253-6444