Chad represents employees in all manner of employee rights litigation including disability discrimination, age discrimination, religious discrimination, sex discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, sexual harassment, medical leave violations, and failure to accommodate claims. He has both first chaired and second chaired employee rights cases to successful verdicts. Chad is listed in U.S. News "Best Lawyers in America"© directory (Employment Law - Individuals), the oldest and most highly-respected peer review guide in the legal profession.
After graduating from the University of Colorado School of Law, Chad worked for the National Organization for Women (“NOW”) National Judicial Education Program which educates the judiciary with regard to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. Chad worked for three years as a staff attorney for the Maine Disability Rights Center where he focused on disability discrimination in employment, public accommodation, and education and has worked for the Employee Rights Group for the past ten years. Chad is a member of the firm.
Chad is the President of the Board of Directors for Disability Rights Maine, Maine’s federally funded Protection and Advocacy Agency.
- Employment Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Civil Rights
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- Free Consultation
- Maine Employee Rights Group
- University of Colorado Law School
- J.D. (2001)
- Luther College
- B.A. (1997) | Philosophy/Political Science
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America
- U.S. News
- Maine State Bar # 009489
- Disability Rights Maine
- Activities: Past President of the Board of Directors
- Chad Hansen's Website Profile
- Maine Employee Rights Group Website
- New Hampshire Employee Rights Group Website
- Allan Townsend's New Hampshire Employee Rights Group Website Profile
- New Hampshire Injury Lawyer Blog
- Relaxed Oversight May Lead to Spread of Coronavirus In New Hampshire Nursing Homes
26 March 2020
- New Hampshire Court Issues opinion in Lead Paint Poisoning Lawsuit
20 March 2020
- New Hampshire Ski and Snowboard Accidents
13 March 2020
- Do New Hampshire Motorists Need to Install Brakes on Their Trailers?
6 March 2020
- When Can Injured Workers Bring a New Hampshire Personal Injury Lawsuit?
26 February 2020
- What Is the Plaintiff’s Evidentiary Burden in a New Hampshire Slip and Fall Lawsuit?
19 February 2020
- Infant Sleeper Product Liability Lawsuits in New Hampshire
13 February 2020
- New Hampshire Landlord Liability for a Tenant’s Injuries
6 February 2020
- New Hampshire Personal Injury Damages after the Filing of Criminal Charges
27 January 2020