Free Consultation: (410) 216-7000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cedulie Renee Laumann

Cedulie Renee Laumann

Arden Law Firm, LLC
  • Business Law, Employment Law, Estate Planning ...
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Cedulie Laumann is the managing attorney of small law firm in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The firm accepts clients in real estate, small business, guardianship and civil litigation matters.

She enjoys helping clients reach positive solutions to their legal needs. Whether a client needs a simple deed transfer or representation in a "high stakes" lawsuit, quality representation should keep the client's unique needs in mind. Her firm employs innovative "flat fee" billing arrangements and fee options outside the traditional hourly based approach.

"Legal Answers & Representation Relevant to YOUR needs!"

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Employment Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Real Estate Law
  • Probate
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
    10 minute no-cost phone consult. Call 410-216-7000 $180 consult fee for most matters (w/out document review) up to 1.5 hrs $200 consult fee w/ document review up to 1.5 hours 50%-100% of the consult fee credited to client's account if the firm is retained for full service within 30 days of consult.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express
  • Contingent Fees
    Attorneys fees may be handled on a contingency basis (client does not pay unless there is recovery) in certain cases, including injury, certain types of real estate matters and judgment collections.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    10 min no cost initial consult by phone. Flat fee consultations for up to 1.5 hour attorney meeting. Option of flat fee billing many types of cases, including Estate Planning (Trusts, Wills, etc.), Business Formation (LLCs, etc.) and Real Estate (tax sale foreclosure litigation, deeds, contracts, etc.) Representative 2017 flat fees: $240 for most deeds, $250 for PR/estate/corporate deeds $80 for powers of attorney $750 for single member LLC formation package, $505 for estate planning package (individual), $1,250 for revocable trust package. While all the firm's clients are given clear understanding of fees up-front, this list is not a promise to represent, some situations may require additional work and no attorney/client relationship is formed unless we meet and both agree.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
managing attorney
Arden Law Firm, LLC
Adjunct Faculty
St. Joseph's University
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Honors: Order of the Coif Top 10% of Graduating Class
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
496 Questions Answered

Q. How to get emancipated at 15 without a parent consent
A: "Emancipated" is different than a minor going to live under another adult's care. In most cases to be emancipated a minor must be fully independent and prove that they can financially and otherwise care for themselves. It would be unusual for a 15 year old to meet the standards for emancipation, although a relative or child protective services can file for emancipation in appropriate cases. If a minor is in a difficult living situation or one with serious abuse it may be a situation ripe for foster care and/or custody held by someone other than the natural parent. However, it would be up to a judge to decide based on the circumstances. If another family member is available and willing to raise you, and there are reasons your natural parent is not fit to do so, the relative may want to file for custody / guardianship. This is not legal advice, analysis of your situation or a substitute for seeking legal representation. The strains of teen/parent relationships can sometimes be helped through family counseling or other intervention, though in extreme cases the law does provide mechanisms for custody to be transferred to someone other than the natural parents.
Q. The estate consists only of a home in MD. When selling it, does the estate have to pay county & state transfer fees?
A: If the property is disbursed (not sold) to an heir, the deed is usually exempt from transfer and recordation tax. If the property is sold to anyone in exchange for consideration, transfer and recordation tax must be paid. Who pays (buyer or seller) is set by contract - it is customary to split this tax 50/50 but it could be Seller paid or Buyer paid or both. While not legal advice I hope this answers your question.
Q. My aunt and uncle are deceased. They have one living son. Property has never changed names from aunt and uncles.
A: An estate will need to be opened. If a married couple owned the property as "tenants by the entirety" when the first one died, title should have gone to the survivor of them. (If they owned title differently there may be a need for two estates). In many cases an estate will require posting bond, publishing notice in the newspaper and filing inventories. After record owners die, title can only be changed through opening up a probate estate, going through the estate process and then once the estate wraps up, deeding it out of the estate. Depending on how many other extended relatives are out there, it may make sense for the child of the owners (cousin) to disclaim their interest inside the estate OR it may make sense to inherit the property and gift it away after the estate closes. Inheritance tax usually applies when the person receiving property is a niece/nephew. The above offers general information and doesn't take the place of getting legal advice about a specific situation. I strongly encourage you to seek legal advice for assistance navigating the estate process, preparing the necessary paperwork and for preparing deed(s) when the time comes. Even if you choose to administer an estate without legal counsel, getting legal advice to understand the process would help.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1028 Generals Hwy
Crownsville, MD 21032
Telephone: (410) 216-7000
Telephone: (410) 216-7000