Free Consultation: (864) 233-3100Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carole Jean Hayes

Carole Jean Hayes

Hayes Law Firm
  • Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury
  • South Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been representing those wrongfully injured in our State since 1990 and have never represented or defended an insurance company. The Hayes Law Firm is concerned about quality representation, not quantity. We aggressively represent our clients in and out of the court room. Please call me for a free consultation today to see if I can help you get the compensation that you are entitled to. The insurance companies and their adjusters have attorneys working for them, please make sure you have an attorney working for you. I have been doing this now for 27 years and would be honored to meet with you.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Personal Injury
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations on all cases I handle.
  • Contingent Fees
    There is no attorney fee unless I secure compensation for you.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    In most cases the Hayes Law Firm pays for all expenses associated with a claim up front (for medical evaluations, medical records, etc.). I do this to minimize any financial inconveniences to my clients while a claim is pending. My goal is to take care of everything possible for my clients in an effort to minimize the hardships inherent in an accident....
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Judicial Clerk
Memphis Tennessee Chancery Court
Memphis State Law School
J.D. (1990) | Law
Honors: Dean's List
Activities: Moot Court Board, Jessup International Society, clerk for Chancellor Lewis.
George Mason University
B.A. (1987)
Honors: Graduated With Distinction, Alpha Chi
2019 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys
American Institute of Legal Counsel
Distinguished - Peer Rated for High Professional Acheivement
Martindale Hubbell
Client's Choice Award
Professional Associations
South Carolina Workers Compensation Educational Association
Injured Workers Advocates
Federal Bar Association  # 12325
- Current
South Carolina State Bar # 15132
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Hayes Law Firm Website
Legal Answers
32 Questions Answered

Q. I recently filed a injury claim to my hr. They sent me to an urgent in their network the doctor diagnosed me with
A: If your exposure to the workplace has resulted in your developing or aggravating your asthma, you should have a viable workers' comp case. You can go to another doctor. My first piece of advise is to get a company to test the air quality at your place of employment before they "fix it." You need to have the proper legal/medical language which will require the testing. Your doctor is going to have to say that in his medical opinion and with a reasonable degree of medical certainty, you now have asthma as a result of exposure to your work place. Regardless of whether you are still employed with them, they are on the hook for the w/c claim. I wish you well.
Q. Can you please define "Hernia" for me please.
A: Since this is a denied case, I would contact an attorney and relay all information and then see if you have a viable case. The five requirements we need are (1) an injury resulting in hernia that (2) the hernia appeared suddenly and (3) was accompanied by pain and the (4) hernia immediately followed an accident and (5) did not exist previously. It sounds like you might qualify for this. You need to speak to an attorney, without charge, who can discuss the viability of your claim with you. I wish you well.
Q. Ran into a mailbox, now I have a warrant!! What to do?
A: I would go to the police department as soon as possible and let them know exactly what happened. The sooner the better.
Q. I was injured 3x on dangerous property conditions on a lot I rent for a rv. Since I live here and not visiting, liabi
A: I do not think you finished your post! However, if you are aware of a negligent condition you will have a problem trying to sue if that is where you are going with this.....can't tell. I wish you well.
Q. I'm Owner, adult son at fault for accident. Plaintiffs asking for more than limits on insurance.
A: Plaintiff attorneys often ask for more than policy limits even when we know the case may not be worth that much. So that does not automatically mean the case is worth that much. If the injured party has under-insurance coverage that would be next in line. For them to get money from you personally, they would have to get a jury verdict and then they would have to be able to collect. A judge is not going to make you sell your residence or your vehicle to satisfy a judgement such as this. You would have to have money sitting in a bank account and available. I have never seen anyone choose that option as opposed to taking policy limits. This would be a good thing for you to consult with an attorney about as there are many considerations that must be addressed.
Q. My vehicle, adult son had accident. His fault. Vechile insured, he didn't know his lisc was suspended, can I be sued
A: Your auto insurance "follows the car" so as long as he was using your car with your permission, your insurance will pay for any claims that might be made against your policy by anyone alleging damages. The fact that he did not have a driver's license is a separate issue that he will have to handle with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Q. Is there a statute of limitations for animal cruelty in South Carolina?
A: Absolutely call the police and the humane society. There is no statute of limitations on doing either.
Q. WCI is refusing to pay for the surgery that the doctor they sent my husband to has recommended. What are our options?
A: Short answer, you need an attorney and I think you probably know that. Your attorney needs to let the adjuster know what the authorized treating physician ordered: surgery. If they want a second opinion, fine, but sending him to PT has not been ordered and could make him worse. If an attorney can't take care of this for you by talking with the adjuster, an attorney/you will have to file for a hearing immediately. There are many issues here and speaking to an attorney regarding this matter will not cost you. The early retirement is irrelevant. I wish you and your husband well.
Q. Was injured at Walmart while working for them just recently. 4 days ago let H R know about losing feeling in both hands
A: The fact that your employment has ended does not change or have any impact on whether you have a workers compensation claim. You have to report it within 90 days, and you need to get the injury documented by a physician. Walmart needs to send you to a physician and if they will not, then you need to retain an attorney. You need to call one of us on AVVO because we can explain to you the benefits of having one of us help you. That way, you can make an informed decision regarding whether you need to have an attorney. S.C. is an employment at will State so whether you have a cause of action regarding the termination is another question that needs to be explored. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
870 Cleveland St, Suite 2D
Greenville, SC 29601
Telephone: (864) 233-3100
Fax: (864) 233-6637