Free Consultation: (505) 445-4444Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carlos N. Martinez

Carlos N. Martinez

Legal Solutions Of New Mexico, LLC
  • Divorce, Business Law, Family Law...
  • New Mexico
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Carlos N. Martinez is the Managing Partner and co-owner of Legal Solutions of New Mexico, LLC, a law firm assisting families in New Mexico in areas of divorce, child cusotdy, kinship guardianship, grandparent visitation, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements and child support issues. Legal Solutions of New Mexico, LLC also helps clients in the arears of cannabis law, personal injury, drone law litigation and business litigation and consulting.

Carlos’s experience in complex family law litigation and business background are invaluable assets when it comes to explaining the nuances of family law, utilizing strategic financial planning, and ultimately achieving a favorable resolution of your family law issue.

Carlos understands, and is empathetic to this often difficult time of your life, and will zealously advocate on your behalf to defend your legal rights.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Business Law
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Employment Law
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Free Consultation
    Initial 15 minute consultations are free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Rose L. Brand and Associates
Couture Law
Practice Area Manager
Albuquerque Business Law, PC
Family Law of New Mexico, LLC
Managing Partner; Co-Owner
Legal Solutions Of New Mexico, LLC
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. (2010) | Law
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
University of Denver
B.S. (2005) | Accounting; Finance
University of Denver Logo
Professional Associations
NM Bar Cannabis Law Section
Founder; Board Member; Chairperson
- Current
Activities: A collective of legal minds, representing multiple legal disciplines, coming together to help New Mexico residents comply, enjoy, and grow the New Mexico medical cannabis program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NM Cannabis Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Cannabis Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Mexico Collaborative Divorce Group
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Presbyterian Internal Review Board
Board Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NM Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NM Bar Family Law Section
Board Member; Budget Officer
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
15 Questions Answered

Q. I need to respond to a motion to modify custody he's asking for full custody himself I need full custody for me
A: First, you should respond to whatever motion he filed against you. Then you should file a motion for custody and request a hearing. When you get your hearing setting, prepare for the hearing by reviewing the state statutes, court procedure and local rules.
Q. My question is how do I know my rights as a father after after a leabe of absence leaving the state of nm for over two
A: In New Mexico, you are presumed to have joint legal custody rights to your kids unless there is a court order stating otherwise. If there is no case currently pending, then you should file a parentage and custody case immediately to protect your parental rights, and to establish your visitation.
Q. How do I go about getting full custody for my son but not file for child support?
A: You would have to petition the court for full custody and request a hearing. New Mexico requires that a child support worksheet be filed with any parenting plan/custody order, however either party may deviate upwards or downwards with respect to what is owed under certain circumstances.
Q. Should I plead guilty or not guilty for selling to alcohol to a minor in the state of New Mexico?
A: You should never plead guilty, nor should you ever talk to the police without a lawyer present. You should also never put something like the above, seeming to admit guilt, in the public realm where a district attorney could find it.
Q. What type of attorney do I need to speak to regarding a cell phone tower lease agreement and contract negotiations?
A: You would best be served by an attorney that deals with business law, and contract negotiations. Any business law attorney worth their salt would be able to assist you in the above.
Q. Can my spouse take residential property.
A: The general rule in New Mexico is that you are entitled to 50% of all community property. Community property is anything that you've acquired during your marriage. Regarding leaving the home, the general rule is that the status quo must be maintained throughout the proceedings. Since it appears that this home is community property, any proceeds from a sale, or deficiency, should be equally split between both of you.
Q. I have custody of my daughter have since she born. Her dads what's costody to get out paying CS will get get ot
A: If I understand the question correctly, you are wondering if your kiddo's father can get custody to get out of paying child support. Your daughter's father can always petition the court for custody. The court looks to what is in the best interest of the child to determine what type of custody and timeshare arrangement should occur.
Q. son's mother is threatening child support and custody against me while I'm away for 2 year at rehab program. Can she?
A: She can petition the court for custody yes. The court will look to see what is in the best interest of your child to determine what sort of custody and timeshare schedule there will be. They will take into account all surrounding circumstances, including your rehabilitation stay.
Q. Is there any way as a mother I can regain custody of my son? I have had the hardest time regaining custody on my own.
A: It really depends on what you lost custody for in the first place. Most courts in New Mexico are all for reunification, however if custody was lost due to drugs, neglect or abuse, you have a long road ahead of you. It also depends on if CYFD has been involved, whether or not they have substantiated any instances of abuse, whether you are in the family law court or in the Children's court.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Legal Solutions Of New Mexico, LLC
8214 2nd Street NW
Suite A
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Telephone: (505) 445-4444