Free Consultation: (877) 446-5294Tap to Call This Lawyer
Burton A. Padove

Burton A. Padove

Padove Law
  • Personal Injury, Business Law, Divorce...
  • Illinois, Indiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

I have been practicing law for 28 years and am licensed in Indiana and Illinois. I am a people lawyer representing clients and helping them in their day to day legal needs throughout Indiana and Illinois. I also have clients across the country. I am a leading contributor each month to WWW. LAW GURU.COM where over 100,000 people have viewed my answers to various legal questions.

Presently I am assisting a number of victims who have suffered side effects from drug medications such as Avandia, Levaquin and Yaz. Sometimes that means suing the drug manufacturers, other times, the doctor who should not have precribed the medication.

Additionally, I have devoted a good part of my practice in the last year to defending foreclosure suits.

I am available to consult with you for any legal problem and welcome the opportunity to provide help.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Business Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Real Estate Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Padove Law
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology Logo
Loyola University Chicago
B.A. | Political Science & History
Loyola University Chicago Logo
Professional Associations
Indiana State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lake County Bara Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Chicago Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
1% Solution
Illinois Trial Lawyers Journal
Legal Answers
376 Questions Answered

Q. Four college students drove on the highway going the same speed. Traffic got backed up, and there was an accident
A: More facts will be needed before this question can be an swerved.
Q. How long does it take a malpractice lawsuit take?
A: Generally speaking, you are talking years. Indiana has a two part system. The first requires that a case be presented to a Medical Review Panel. That process can take over a year. after that process is completed, then you can file a suit in court. Generally, that can take two years or longer.
Q. Can i file a lawsuit for mc donalds if i didnt break anything
A: Yes, as long as you suffered some injury caused bu McDonalds breaching a duty of care to you.
Q. If I have been seperated from my husband for five years are we legally divorced by Indiana law
A: No.
Q. How do I legally change back to my maiden name after the devorse if I did not ask for iit at the time of the devorse?
A: You need to file a new case with a petition to change your name.
Q. I am visiting someone in their home. They fall. Do I have any liability?
A: Based on the information provided, no.
Q. Just purchased a home.Keys provided at closing didn't work. Had to hire locksmith to get in.Should seller reimburse me?
A: Yes.
Q. I want to appeal my Real Estate Assesment. Any advise? How to find an atty??
A: Check with your local bar association. Many of them have case type specific referral services.
Q. How do i file a suit against the majestic star casino
A: I am sorry to hear about your experience and hope that you are making a fast recovery. There is no law that requires them to keep the recording. I have handled cases against the Majestic Star Casino and I know that it is imperative that you hire counsel right away to make sure that the recording of what happened is preserved. there is case law concerning protecting victims such as yourself against criminal attacks and it is cerainly possible that you will be entitled to compensation for your losses.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Padove Law
2327 45th St
Highland, IN 46322
Toll-Free: (877) 446-5294
Telephone: (219) 836-2200
Fax: (219) 836-9388