Bruce Luckman is an accomplished commercial litigator. He has achieved notable results for clients in jury, non-jury and arbitration cases before state and federal courts throughout the eastern United States, handling both individual and class action suits.
Mr. Luckman has particular expertise in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). By representing credit providers and Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs) for over 20 years, he has gained unmatched knowledge of—and insight into—the credit reporting industry, credit scoring models, consumer lending practices, and compliance concerns. He has deposed numerous lenders, industry experts, and consumers.
He represents several national and specialty CRAs in FCRA litigation arising out of individual and class action consumer cases, as well as vendor disputes and compliance issues.
Mr. Luckman also represents business clients in a diverse range of matters, including food industry disputes, executive and healthcare employment contracts and restrictive covenants. He also represents lenders and investors in tax certificate and commercial foreclosure matters with a team of highly experienced paralegals.
Mr. Luckman’s litigation successes include high-profile jury trials, and reported and precedent-setting cases.
- Business Law
- Arbitration & Mediation
- New Jersey
- 1st Circuit
- 2nd Circuit
- 3rd Circuit
- 4th Circuit
- 5th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- United States District Court of District of Connecticut
- United States District Court of the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court of the Eastern Districts of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court of the Middle Districts of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court of the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court of the Southern District of New York
- Commercial Litigator
- Sherman, Silverstein, Kohl, Rose & Podolsky, P.A.
- - Current
- Suffolk University
- J.D. (1983)
- Boston University
- B.A. (1980)
- Connecticut State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- Bruce Luckman's Website Profile
- Sherman, Silverstein, Kohl, Rose & Podolsky, P.A. Website