Free Consultation: (561) 623-3681Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brian F. LaBovick Esq.

Brian F. LaBovick Esq.

LaBovick Law Group
  • Asbestos & Mesothelioma, Consumer Law, Employment Law...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearch
Practice Areas
  • Asbestos & Mesothelioma
  • Consumer Law
  • Employment Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Maritime Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Personal Injury
  • Probate
  • Products Liability
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
LaBovick Law Group
University of Miami School of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Order of the Barrister
Activities: Moot Court Member University of Miami, State Mock Trial Team Negotiations Competition Finalist Mock Trial Finalist Moot Court Finalist
University of Miami School of Law Logo
Miami University of Ohio
BP | Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies
Honors: Outstanding Senior
Activities: President: Sigma Alpah Mu Fraternity President: United Jewish Appeal, Miami OH Chapter Pre-Law Society Boxing Club
Miami University of Ohio Logo
Professional Associations
National 'Belli Society'
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Justice Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Palm Beach County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Palm Beach County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Association of Justice, M Club
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Palm Beach Gardens Car Accident Attorney
Free Online Car Accident Case Evaluation Tool
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Someone is trying to sue me for saying i injured him on his leg it was a accident, he has no witnesess and hes lieing
A: Your question is difficult because we have few facts. If it was a car accident then hopefully you have insurance and your insurance company will defend you by hiring a lawyer for you. If it was not a car accident then maybe you own a home and the insurance on your home may also cover you and pay for your lawyer. If you don't own a home and it was not a car accident then it was someother type of incident and unless you are quite wealthy it is unlikely that this person will find an attorney to represent him against you. If you get a letter from an attorney who is representing this person then you need to pay for a consultation with an attorney and find out your rights. Best of Luck.
Q. I need a lawyer for radioactive exposure in fla
A: Before you can bring an action you must be able to prove the connectivity between the radio activity and the cancer. Most people believe there is a connection between radioactivity exposure and cancer, but that does not mean your thyriod cancer was caused by an exposure in 1986. Before you contact an attorney make sure your doctors agree that is the cause of the cancer. If they can prove that then you may have a case. Good Luck.
Q. My friend works in the operating room and her surgeon hit her with a metal instrument on her hand (twice). what are her
A: Let's distinguish intentional vs accidental hitting. If the hitting was intentional then it is a battery and she can sue him for battering her. If the hitting was unintentional then it would be a case of negligence, and the question would be whether the doctor acted unreasonably in light of the circumstances and breached his duty of care to her and caused her foreseeable harm in the course of the surgery. In either case she would need to establish damages. The damages must be significant enough to warrent an action. Otherwise the suit is not worth anyone's time or effort. If the injury is worth the time to report to an attorney most will give her a free consultation. Best of Luck.
Q. A neighbor shoots a firearm on his lot and his bullet injures someone over in their own yard, what is the crime in FL?
A: Wow! What a terribly negligent thing to be doing. Sounds like you have some bad neighbors. There are lots of things that can be done in this instance, both civil and criminal. The police should be called to investigate the reckless behavior of your neighbor. They will make the call whether the law was broken. Likely it has. If anyone was killed it would be a possible manslaughter charge. Guns are dangerous instruments and therefore any harm that comes from there use carries a high level of responsibility which is not easy for the shooter or gun owner to escape. Do not sit on your rights, call a qualified personal injury attorney and get help now. They will take this case on a full contingency basis and help the injured person recover their damages from the shooter and the gun owner. Good Luck.
Q. Why would I receive a civil notice of appearance?
A: The term Civil Notice of Appearance is typically used to place all parties in a litigation matter on notice of an attorney's presence in the case. So, for example, if you are in an ongoing litigation matter and a new attorney starts to represent one of the other people in the litigation, they would file a Notice of Appearance. Since that is typically a self explanatory document what you are looking at may not be a Notice of Appearance but a Notice to Appear. That is a different creature, as that may be a court ordered Notice that whomever is named in the document must appear where the Notice so instructs. Read the document carefully and if you cannot make out its purpose it will be worth your while to hire an attorney to look at the document and simply explain it to you. The cost of a 15 minute consultation is usually either free or under $100.00 depending on the attorney called, so don't take any chances with court orders and get yourself some good advice. Good Luck.
Q. I was recently scolded by the sink water at my local Sweetbay. The automatic sink water was 133 degrees. Do I have cause
A: Yes, you have a cause of action against Sweetbay. Given the hype of the McDonald's coffee burn case, unless you have serious injuries, I doubt the claim will be well recieved by Sweetbay's insurance company. Certainly it has value as 133 is too high for sink water. But I am sure the Sweetbay's representatives will feel every jury will be skeptical about giving money to a "burn" victim after the McDonald's case. Before you make a decision on what to do, have a qualified doctor review the injury and determine the long term damages. Then ask a local attorney if the claim has merit. If it does they will take the case on a contingency. If it doesn't they will turn the case down and you will know the case is not worth enough to a trained personal injury attorney. You are welcome to call out office for a qualified referral in your geographic area if the doctor agrees the damages merit a claim. Good Luck.
Q. How do I obtain a copy of a personal injury complaint to use as a guide to file my own complaint?
A: Unless you are filing in Small Claims court, the best answer is, you don't. Instead, you hire a qualified attorney to file for you. If you can't find an attorney to work for either a reasonable fee or on a contingency then chances are your case is not one with significant merit and you should reconsider bringing it without an attorney to help. If the case is a matter of small claims, then you walk into your local courthouse and fill out the small claims paperwork. The clerk of court can provide you with instructions on which documents to fill out. If you want to really copy a Complaint you can go to the courthouse and look up a pending personal injury litigation matter and copy it. As a matter of public record, these documents are open to public inspection. Best of luck.
Q. How long to wait for my check when approved for injury they said 3 weeks
A: You should have to wait longer than 20 days. We anticipate the other side will try and stall when we settle a case and insist on a fast transfer of funds, certainly no longer than 20 days. Patience is not a virtue when money is changing hands. The faster the money transfers the faster you have use and interest income on your funds. There are provisions in Florida law that allow a seasoned personal injury attorney to assure the transfer happens in a timely fashion.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
LaBovick Law Group
5220 Hood Road, Suite 200
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
Toll-Free: (561) 623-3681
Telephone: (561) 623-3681