Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Federal Circuit
- Texas A&M University School of Law
- University of North Texas
- State Bar of Texas  # 24095088
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- - Current
- The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn Inn of Court
- Panelist , Legal Careers Presentation , Denton, TX
- University of North Texas PreLaw Program
Websites & Blogs
- Firm website
257 Questions Answered
- Q. What next if specimens for Declaration 8 & 9 are deficient and 10 years are up?
- A: You can submit a new application after your current registration is cancelled. Although, if the USPTO rejected your specimens for the renewal, it will also reject them for the new application. I recommend working with a trademark attorney to ensure you have acceptable specimens.
- Q. Ours is a partnership firm with 4 partners, based in India. We need to register our Trademark with USPTO. Pls. guide
- A: The fee to file an application electronically is $225 or $275 depending on the filing status. You will also need to pay an attorney to file the application. The attorneys fees can vary, but will generally be less than $1000. The estimated time to complete a registration is 18 months. I recommend speaking with a US trademark attorney to plan out how to establish your trademark rights in the US.
- Q. I created a koozie saying “lake:30”. Was informed on Etsy by Lake30 that they own that exact trademark, however I
- A: A trademark attorney would need to review the trademark registration and your product to determine if your product infringes their trademark. Generally speaking, exact copying is not required to infringe a trademark. If a consumer would confuse your mark with the other, there can be infringement.
Contact & Map