Ben Burnside is passionate about representing the rights of mentally and physically disabled and injured people. He focuses his practice on helping disabled workers and veterans receive the Social Security Disability and VA benefits to which they are entitled, especially when they have been denied those benefits in the past.
Ben is a proven advocate for his clients. In 2008, he became a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a prestigious association of trial lawyers. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million dollar or multimillion dollar verdicts, awards or settlements for their clients. Fewer than 1 Social Security Disability Board Certified Specialistpercent of attorneys in the United States are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and fewer than 100 attorneys in North Carolina have earned the distinction since the group was founded in 1993.
In 2012, he earned the status of a Board Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability Law. This designation is a testament to Ben’s expertise, his performance as an attorney and his reputation in the legal community.
The N.C. State Bar, through the Board of Legal Specialization, determines which attorneys statewide become board certified specialists. To become legal specialists, attorneys are required to have practiced a minimum of five years, undergo peer review by other attorneys and judges, participate in continuing legal education in the subject matter and pass a board exam.
Ben is one of only seven attorneys in the Triad recognized as a Board Certified Specialist in Social Security Disability.
In 2016, Ben earned accreditation from the Veterans Administration to handle veterans disability benefits claims. Only certified attorneys and representatives can represent veterans in their claims.
He was named one of North Carolina’s Outstanding Young Lawyers in 2016.
- Civil Rights
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Car Accidents
- Public Benefits
- Veterans Disability Benefits
- Free Consultation
- North Carolina
- North Carolina State Bar
- ID Number: 35200
- Federal Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Associate Attorney
- Deuterman Law Group
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- J.D. (2006)
- University of North Carolina - Wilmington
- B.A. | Philosophy, Religion
- North Carolina State Bar # 35200
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Greensboro Bar Association
- National Organization of Veterans' Advocate, Inc.
- Board Certified Specialist, Social Security Disability Law
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Deuterman Law Group
- Deuterman Law Group News
- Veterans Deserve More Than Thanks
11 November 2019
- Help for veterans exposed to toxic chemicals on Okinawa
5 November 2019
- Attorney Daniel Donovan Earns Membership in Million Dollar Advocates Forum
24 October 2019
- Vet Your Records: Free Legal Clinic for Veterans
21 October 2019
- Attorney Michele Cybulski earns place in prestigious Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
18 October 2019
- VA Changes Process for Handling Appeals for Disability Benefits
26 June 2019
- Actress Shares MS Diagnosis and Brings Awareness to Disabling Condition
20 June 2019
- Military Vets Who Used Defective Ear Plugs May be Able to Sue 3M for Hearing Loss
24 April 2019
- Driverless cars: What do they mean for insurance rates and accident liability?
5 April 2019