Free Consultation: (210) 802-9377Tap to Call This Lawyer
Benjamin E. Golden

Benjamin E. Golden

Benjamin E. Golden, PLLC
  • Probate, Business Law, Real Estate Law ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Benjamin always had a deep desire to understand how things work and to help others. After gaining an understanding of the law through school, and an even more refined understanding through practice in and out of the courtroom for five years with matters relating to real estate, probate, and business, Benjamin is now able to help clients solve their legal challenges when it comes to taking care of a deceased loved one's estate, achieving their real estate goals, and bringing about business objectives.

Practice Areas
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Estate Planning
Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Construction Law
Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
Additional Practice Area
  • Litigation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees available for simple wills, single-member LLC formation, and deeds.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US District Court, Western District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Owner / Attorney
Benjamin E. Golden, PLLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Golden Law, P.C.
Texas Tech University School of Law
J.D. (2009) | Law
Honors: Phi Delta Phi; Dean's List; Regents' Scholarship
Activities: Administrative Law Journal -- Articles Editor
Texas Tech University School of Law Logo
University of Pennsylvania
B.A. (2004) | Philosophy
Honors: cum laude
University of Pennsylvania Logo
19 Best San Antonio Probate Attorneys
San Antonio's Best Attorneys
Scene in SA Magazine
Professional Associations
State Bar of Texas  # 24068900
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Practice in Federal District Court
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
3 Questions Answered
Q. Do I have to pay on a residential lot the past due HOA dues that were prior to me inheriting the property?
A: This is a complicated issue that should be handled by an attorney who is familiar with HOA law. There are many potential facts that the answer to your question depends upon. When you say there were no lien holders, do you mean that the HOA had not recorded an affidavit claiming delinquent assessments before the deed into your name was recorded? If there was not such an affidavit filed, this is a fact in your favor. Next, does the association require resale certificates for property that is transferred, and did you obtain one that stated that there were no delinquent dues owing? If yes to both, this is another fact in your favor. An attorney probably needs to review the Declaration for the association to give a definitive answer to your question. One thing is for certain, you are liable for any assessments that came due from the effective date of the deed into you. ... Read More
Q. Does a text message serve as a 3 day notice in the state of Texas?
A: Assuming you are entitled to 3 days notice because a shorter period is not set forth in a written lease or agreement, before a landlord may file an eviction in Texas, it must provide a written notice that is delivered in person to tenant, left with someone 16 or over at the premises, affixed to the inside of the main entry door (or outside in some cases), or mailed to the tenant. Caution: while you may be successful at an eviction hearing on this point and get to remain in the premises longer, the landlord will most likely send a new notice and file a new eviction in which you may be ultimately liable for more rent and additional attorney's fees.
Q. Me and my brother are heirs to my parents house. He does not want anything. What happens
A: You will need some type of probate proceeding. This can include probating the will, a muniment of title if the house is the only assest, an heirship proceeding if there is no will, or perhaps an affidavit of heirship, if appropriate. Your brother, in conjunction with the appropriate procedure for your situation, can file a disclaimer of his interest in house.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1100 NW Loop 410
One Castle Hills Building
Castle Hills, TX 78213
Telephone: (210) 802-9377
Mailing/Delivery Address
8503 NW Military Hwy
Suite 105-50
San Antonio, TX 78231
Telephone: (210) 802-9377