Free Consultation: (907) 690-4624Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ben T. Frey

Ben T. Frey

Affordable legal services on the Kenai Peninsula
  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law...
  • Alaska, Mississippi
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am a licensed lawyer living in Soldotna, Alaska and a member of the Alaska Bar Association. I practice divorce, custody, evictions, probate, workers' compensation, bankruptcy, wills, domestic violence protective orders, and tax preparation. Working in public interest law has been a focus of my career. I was formerly employed by Alaska Legal Services Corporation. You think of this as "practicing law for the people". I am now excited to be able to do this on a private basis for the people of the Kenai Peninsula. Because I have practiced as an attorney "of the people" I provide legal services at an affordable price. I am a graduate of the University of Mississippi School of Law. I do hope to be able to serve you in the future.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Family Law
  • Probate
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Bankruptcy
  • Estate Planning
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Free Consultation
    Call me so that a I may meet with you and discuss the legal issues you may be having for free.
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingent fees for workers compensation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
University of Mississippi
J.D. (2013)
Professional Associations
Alaska Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Ben Frey: Attorney at Law
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered

Q. How do i file for divorce?
A: A really good site for you to visit as suggested by Mr. Otterson below is to visit the Alaska Family Self-Help law site. Just type in that phrase that I wrote above and enter it into Google. I used it myself when I was a new attorney. Click on the package that represents your situation (i.e. divorce without children, divorce with children). Lets assume it is a simple divorce without children or property as you do not have the representation of an attorney now. You will start it by filling out a complaint (template provided at Alaska self-help), a confidential information form, and a case description form. File these at your local Superior Court along with a $200 check. Serve your husband by a registered Alaska process server. Usually cost $75 or more. Once 20 days have passed, assuming your husband has not answered your divorce file a motion for default judgement (again template provided at Alaska self-help). A default judgment hearing will be scheduled. Just appear at this hearing and tell the judge that you just want a divorce. He will grant it. If all else fails, cough up the money and hire me. I will do it affordably.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
38248 Rainbow Dr.
Soldotna, AK 99669
Telephone: (907) 690-4624