Free Consultation: (601) 272-2406Tap to Call This Lawyer
Baskin Lowber Jones

Baskin Lowber Jones

Jones Law Group - Personal Injury Attorneys
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability...
  • Mississippi
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

Mr. Jones was born and raised in Mississippi, and has a specific desire to bring about revitalization Jackson area. Part of this desire is be met in providing exceptional legal service to the citizens of the Greater Jackson Area. "I think that living and working in Jackson allows a special opportunity to grow with the city and to wholly involved in that development. My office is Downtown for a reason, I enjoy supporting those businesses that are bringing the Downtown area back to life." Mr. Jones' practice revolves around any type of personal injury, from deaths caused by another (wrongful death), insurance disputes, premises liability (injuries on someone's property), 18-wheeler or trucking wrecks, or automobile wrecks but also includes Social Security Disability cases, will and estate planning and business law in and around the state of Mississippi.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Products Liability
  • Workers' Compensation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Wreck
  • Motorcycle Wreck
  • 18-wheeler Wreck
  • Bicycle and Pedestrian Wreck
  • Car Accident
  • Motorcycle Accident
  • 18-wheeler Accident
  • Bicycle and Pedestrian Accident
  • Hypoxic Brain Injury
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Jones Law Group - Personal Injury Attorneys
- Current
Giddens Law Firm
University of Mississippi
J.D. (2010)
University of Mississippi Logo
Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award for Mississippi Nomination
National Academy Of Personal Injury Attorneys
"10 Best" Attorneys for Mississippi Nomination
American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
Law Firm of the Month
Attorney At Law Magazine
Professional Associations
The Mississippi Bar # 103589
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Association for Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Mississippi Association for Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Recognizing Brain Injuries
AAJ - Sidebar
Speaking Engagements
Bicycle Injury Law, In Legal Terms Radio Program, Jackson, MS
Mississippi Public Broadcasting
Admitted to Practice Law
Mississippi Bar
Legal Answers
53 Questions Answered

Q. I live in MS. I'm 18. If i move out of MS and buy a house and live in TN, am I a legal adult?
A: MS judge's blog on the subject:
Q. Can a person receive pain and suffering if he or she get injuries at a public park???
A: It depends how the injury occurred among several other factors. Contact a MS personal injury attorney listed on this site for answers, and do so quickly as there is a time limit on when you can bring a claim of as short as one year.
Q. Does Tricare have a right to uninsured motorist money since that would make it 1st person after 3 years?
A: Tricare may have a valid lien. It is worth looking in to. Often these liens can be negotiated by an attorney which could mean more settlement proceeds being paid to you. Consult an attorney.
Q. If worker comp doctor refers me to pt who release me doctor or physical therapist
A: You should try to follow up with your physician. This might be a situation where you seek legal counsel from a Workers Compensation attorney.
Q. I was recently written a ticket. The officer put the wrong model of car down. Is this enough to get it thrown out?
A: You would need to be able to show that you don't own a car of that model. It depends on the judge, but it could be enough based on incorrect information on the "affidavit" ticket.
Q. Can a landlord require all tenants moving out to professionally have the carpets cleaned?
A: Take pictures. Taking pictures before moving in is often very helpful as well to show the condition of the carpet when you moved in, vs when you moved out. You may have to make a claim to get your deposit back for this cleaning as it will likely be taken out of your deposit.
Q. If my boss also my landlord of 8 years dies and I can't find my rental agreement lease can the deceased heir evict me?
A: You can ask them to show you a copy of the lease. Many leases have a provision that allows termination after some period of time (often a year) and with some amount of notice (often 30 days). Your lease could have been written differently, you could pay the monthly rent and/or show the court prior cashed checks for the amount of monthly rent to show what you have been paying.
Q. I received a minor in possession of an alcoholic beverage. What do I do now?
A: Expungement is an option in MS but you will want to discuss with a Mississippi attorney before you make a plea, pay the fine or take a plea deal.
Q. She died without a will and I have been living in the land all my life.
A: Likely not. Contact a local family law attorney to discuss your options, and how the property could/should be handled in an estate.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Jones Law Group - Personal Injury Attorneys
622 Duling Avenue - Suite 220
Jackson, MS 39216
Telephone: (601) 272-2406