Anna is a North Carolina native who has been practicing law for more than 23 years. She received a B.A. in English from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1991, and her law degree from George Washington University in 1994. She first became licensed to practice law in Virginia in 1994, followed by Washington, D.C. in 1995.
In 1996, she returned to North Carolina and has been practicing here ever since. She concentrates her practice in the areas of Workers' Compensation and Social Security Disability.
Anna is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell®, the facilitator of a peer review ratings process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards. Anna is also included in the 2018 & 2019 editions of Best Lawyers In America® for Workers Compensation Law-Claimants and is included on the list of North Carolina Super Lawyers® for 2015-2016, 2018 and 2019.
Anna currently acts as the State Bar Councilor for the 28th Judicial District. She also serves as a Mountain Area Volunteer Attorney, representing people who are seeking Medicaid for the disabled. In the past, she has served as president of the WNC Chapter of the N.C. Association of Women Attorneys; as a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Medico-Legal Liason Committee; as treasurer and a board member of Pisgah Legal Services; on the board of Hanger Hall School for Girls; and on the board of Pathways, Life After Cancer.
Anna is a Member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice and the North Carolina Bar Association. She is a sustaining member of the Junior League of Asheville and a member of the DAR, Ruth Davidson Chapter. Before joining Grimes Teich Anderson LLP, she was a partner at Broker and Hamrick, PA.
She lives in Asheville with her husband and two daughters.
- Social Security Disability
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- North Carolina
- 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Grimes Teich Anderson LLP Injury Lawyers
- - Current
- Broker & Hamrick, PA
- Northup & McConnell, PLLC
- The George Washington University Law School
- J.D. (1994)
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- B.A. (1991) | English
- Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers in America
- 2018, 2019
- AV Preeminent Rated
- North Carolina State Bar
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- Activities: State Bar Councilor, 2016-present; Executive Committee, 2000-2003
- WNC Chapter of the N.C. Association of Women Attorneys
- Past President
- North Carolina Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Workers' Compensation and Disability Advocacy Sections Member
- NCBA Medico-Legal Liaison Committee
- Former Member
- Mountain Area Volunteer Lawyers
- Volunteer Attorney
- Anna Hamrick's Website Profile
- Grimes Teich Anderson LLP Injury Lawyers Website
- North Carolina and South Carolina Personal Injury Lawyer Blog
- Short Term (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Life Insurance Benefits and your Workers’ Compensation Claim
29 October 2019
- Do You Have Questions About The Outbreak Of Legionnaires’ Disease At The North Carolina Mountain State Fair?
1 October 2019
- What Happens To Workers’ Compensation Benefits When a Spouse Dies In A Work-Related Accident?
13 August 2019
- What Are Secondary Service Connected Conditions And How Can Veterans Get Help?
12 June 2019
- How to Apply Analogous Ratings for VA Disability Claims
25 March 2019
- What Are Medical Payments On My Car Insurance and How Can I Use It?
21 March 2019
- What Benefits Am I Entitled To If I Get Hurt At Work In North Carolina?
18 February 2019
- A Window Opens for Vietnam “Blue Water” Veterans
11 February 2019
- The Car Accident Wasn’t My Fault So Do I Need To Give the Hospital My Health Insurance Information? Why Am I Responsible?
19 December 2018