Angela M. Hahn manages the Austin office of Doyen Sebesta & Poelma, LLLP. With ten years of Mock Trial experience, Ms. Hahn tried more cases before graduating from law school, than most lawyers do in a lifetime. Now, with fifteen years of real-world experience as a practicing civil trial lawyer, she regularly handles matters involving construction defects, product liability, contract disputes, property damage and general negligence claims. Ms. Hahn focuses on large-loss insurance subrogation claims and has developed a passion for lightning-induced fire losses, especially those involving Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST) or Radiant Barriers.
Beyond prosecuting property damage cases, Ms. Hahn also routinely practices insurance defense for contractors, landlords and private individuals. With her undergraduate background in finance, risk management and insurance, she prides herself on economically controlling the costs of litigation on both defense and subrogation claims, while maximizing the opportunities for her clients to obtain early, often pre-suit, recoveries and resolutions.
Before children came along, one of Ms. Hahn’s proudest accomplishments was coaching the University of Texas, School of Law - Tournament of Champions team to a national title. The UT Tower was lit up with the burnt orange “1” for her team, making history as the very first time the University of Texas lit the tower with a “1” for a national championship that was not sports-related.
Angela Hahn has been happily married since 2002 and has two children. Since the birth of her son and daughter, she spends most of her free time frequenting youth basketball, football and baseball games. She donates her time and skills to Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas for help with family law cases involving violence and abuse. For the past three years, she has also taught religious education to elementary school children at her Church.
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Insurance Defense
- Products Liability
- Subrogation & Recovery
- U.S. District Court -- Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court -- Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court -- Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court -- Western District of Texas
- Doyen Sebesta & Poelma, LLLP
- - Current
- Cozen O'Connor
- The University of Texas School of Law
- J.D. (2000)
- University of Texas - Austin
- B.A. (1997) | Finance, General
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
- Lightning-Induced CSST Fires: Protecting Your Subrogation Rights, Subrogation and Recovery Alert! (5/11/2009)
- Texas Wildfires, Subrogation and Recovery Alert! (9/15/2011)