Free Consultation: (815) 316-2920Tap to Call This Lawyer
Angela Lund-Logan

Angela Lund-Logan

Law Office of Angela Lund-Logan
  • Family Law, Divorce
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

The first divorce I handled was my own. I personally understand the emotional turmoil my clients experience and strive to reduce the stress caused by a family law case. I opened my own law firm to focus on the needs of clients. Because a family law case strains an individual both mentally and monetarily, every clients needs to have effect representation at a reasonable rate. GOAL: Resolve every case as cost-effective and quickly as possible while pursuing the client's objectives UNDERSTANDING THE CASE. Explaining each stage, each document, and each court appearance, I take the confusion out of a family law case. When a client understands what is being said in court and stated in the pleadings, clients are able to actively participate in the case. The process shouldn't be a mystery. With me as your attorney, you will understand the process, the paperwork, and the court proceedings. LIMITED PRACTICE OF ATTORNEY ANGELA LUND-LOGAN I limit my practice to family law cases. There are many attorneys who practice family law but few practice only family law. If you have a family law case, you need an attorney who solely practices family law. Limiting my practice allows me to be familiar with the vast nuances of each accept involved in the practice of family law: custody, visitation, child support, maintenance, retirement accounts, real property, personal property, debt allocation, college expenses, etc. JUDGES. Knowing the judge is key to representing clients effectively. If you do not regularly appear before a judge it is difficult to advise clients about that judge. Learning the idiosyncrasies of a judge is just as important as knowing how that judge interprets the law. To be cognizant of the family law judges I limits my practice to Boone and Winnebago counties. COUNTIES. I limited my practice to Winnebago and Boone counties in the 17th Judicial Circuit so I know the local court rules in addition to the Illinois Supreme Court Rules, statu

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Free Consultation
    Free telephone consultations
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express debit or credit cards
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Angela Lund-Logan
- Current
Family law practice
James Moore Law Office
Created the civil practice for this criminal firm.
Law Office of Dennis Schumacher
Associate attorney handling cases in a wide range of practice areas. Majority of cases were in family law.
University of Northern Iowa
B.A. | History
Placeholder image for education.
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
J.D. | LAW
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale Logo
Professional Associations
Solo Practicing Attorneys (Women)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Illinois State Bar Association
Activities: Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Winnebago County Bar Association
Activities: Family Law Section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Angela Lund-Logan: Finds balance in career; creative interests
Women in Business
Guardian ad Litem
17th Judicial Circuit
17th Judicial Circuit
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. How do I take my kids father off of child support?
A: You file paperwork requesting that child support be terminated.
Q. If im put on child support do I have the rights to file my child
A: I assume that you are asking if you can claim your child as a dependent. The court that ordered you to pay child support can enter an order giving you the right to claim your child as a dependent. You need to request that such an order enter. Most court orders require state that if you are behind in paying your child support, you are not allowed to claim the child. Some judges require that you pay a specific amount of child support to be allowed to claim the child. This is based on the IRS rule that the parent who provides the most financial support for the child is allowed to claim the child.
Q. Can an ex wife collect on a pod account when the husband dies if it says in the divorce papers that Husband shall retain
A: You need to seek advice from a Probate attorney. There may be documents with the financial institution that were never changed after the divorce. There may be a will directing the financial institution to pay. A divorce can only order the Husband and the Wife to act and no one else. Perhaps there were steps that needed to be taken after the divorce that did not occur. File your question in the Probate/Estate section.
Q. My ex wife takes my daughter to the doctor and signs she will be financially responsible for what the medical insurance
A: You are dealing with two different set of rules: one in divorce court and the other in debtor court. Divorce court: You need to file paperwork in your divorce to force your wife to pay the $880. Seek legal counsel immediately to enforce the court order. Debtor court/Small claims: You need to determine if you are liable if she signed saying she would be responsible with the medical provider/creditor. The order in the divorce requiring your wife to pay has no effect on the creditor when you are being sued for a debt. You must force her to follow the court order in the divorce.
Q. can my daughter move out of state with her 16 yr old for health reasons she is not married to father n has full custody
A: In Illinois a custodial parent must be given permission to permanently move a child out of state. Your daughter needs to file paperwork requesting to move out of state as soon as possible since the process can be very lengthy. If you daughter has joint custody with the father, she must ask the father, in writing, to attend mediation before she can file paperwork in court.
Q. step grandparents rights for adopted grandchildren by grandparent
A: If the grandparent adopted the grandchildren, technically the grandparent is now the parent and you are the stepparent. Below is the stepparent visitation statute with some wording eliminated. The Court may grant reasonable visitation privileges to a stepparent upon petition to the court by the stepparent, if the court determines that it is in the best interests and welfare of the child. A petition for visitation privileges may be filed under this paragraph (1.5) if the following circumstances are met: (A) the child is at least 12 years old; (B) the child resided continuously with the parent and stepparent for at least 5 years; (C) the parent is deceased or is disabled and is unable to care for the child; (D) the child wishes to have reasonable visitation with the stepparent; and (E) the stepparent was providing for the care, control, and welfare to the child prior to the initiation of the petition for visitation.
Q. If a firm wishes to present a "motion to withdraw" as lawyer for a client, does the judge rule in front of O/C?
A: I have never had a Motion to Withdraw heard in chambers. My experience has been that the motion is ruled on quickly unless the client or the opposing counsel objects to the attorney withdrawing. The spouse is able to see the Motion filed by the attorney listing the reason for withdrawal. The attorney decides how specific to be in the motion.
Q. My husband left me his car before he went to asia active duty...he is mad at me and wants his family to come and take
A: Whose names are on the title? If one of his family members is on the title and you are not, the police may allow that person to take the vehicle.
Q. At what age and under what authority are children allowed to decide whether or not to go on a scheduled visitation?
A: No child has the authority to decide whether or not to go for visitation. It is possible for you, as the parent, to be held in contempt for the child failing to go with the other parent for visitation. You want the police officer to write in his/her report that the child refused to go after you encouraged the child to go on the visitation. Police reports are not admissible as evidence but they make it easier for you to subpoena the officer to testify.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
8232 Ravere St
Machesney Park, IL 61115
Telephone: (815) 316-2920
Fax: (815) 516-5777