Free Consultation: (410) 937-1659Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew M. Rodabaugh

Andrew M. Rodabaugh

Cohen & Dwin P.A.
  • Workers' Compensation, Personal Injury, Insurance Claims...
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Focusing my practice on Maryland workers compensation helps me provide the injured worker sound legal advice that they deserve.

Practice Areas
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Assistant County Attorney
Baltimore County Office of Law
Maryland Workers Compensation Attorney
Cohen & Dwin P.A.
Maryland workers compensation attorney
University of Baltimore School of Law
University of Baltimore School of Law Logo
Villa Julie College
B.S. (2007) | Paralegal Studies
Honors: Leaving a Legacy behind- Villager News, Leadership Society, Magna Cum Laude,
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Maryland Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Baltimore County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Maryland Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
73 Questions Answered

Q. Can they take all my sick and then vacation time for appts
A: To answer your question, they can because they did. The solution is seeking out representation by a qualified attorney who will argue on your behalf. Because they used time that you earned you are entitled to seek payments from the workers compensation insurer. While you may not recover a complete "pay back" you could quite possibly get a good portion of that time back. If you have an attorney have he or she work on this. If you don't have an attorney then you should contact one. This answer is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advise. Each and every case is different in numerous ways and for legal advise a verbal consultation is needed.
Q. Is there anything I can do about not getting any training from work if got injured and had to have surgery
A: Yes. Under workers compensation laws of Maryland you very likely would qualify for vocational rehabilitation. If it has not been offered to you an attorney can help get this approved. You would receive payments from workers comp while looking for a job with the assistance of a voc counselor. Workers comp attorneys do not charge a fee unless money is recovered. Seek out a consultation. Good Luck! This information is not legal advice nor does it establish an attorney to client relationship. To retain an attorney an in person interview must be conducted and a retainer agreement must be signed.
Q. Hi. I am a correctional officer and have been for 13 years. Fell at work and broke two fingers my index,and middle finge
A: You should consult a workers comp attorney in person as there is a lot of information that is needed to properly advise. Depending on the injuries you may be entitled to permanency money, vocational rehabilitation, and more. Good luck! This information is not legal advice nor does it establish an attorney to client relationship. To retain an attorney an in person interview must be conducted and a retainer agreement must be signed.
Q. Someone told me they can fire you when you're off on disability for certain reasons - is that true?
A: It does unfortunately happen in some circumstances. Depending on the particular facts of the case a job position may be secure for a period of time. The employer may also be required to offer an accommodation if one is available. The particular case should be discussed with an attorney. This information is provided for information purposes only and is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists until a retainer is signed by both parties.
Q. Being denied a second opinion from a doctor of my choosing until I see an IME. Is this legal ?
A: This occurs all the time in workers comp cases. Whether or not it is "legal" is a complicated question. If you have an attorney make sure they have filed "issues" with the Commission so that a hearing is set up. It is very likely that even after the IME the second opinion is not authorized. If you do not have an attorney now is a good time to consider it. Consultations are free and attorney fees are paid out of money that is recovered for you. Please note that this is not legal advise and is for informational purposes. To have an attorney you must have a signed retainer agreement indicating that an attorney/client relationship exists.
Q. Is it legal for hospital to turn bills over to collections in MD when claim has been awarded?
A: Reach out to your attorney to discuss this issue. Occasionally the letters will stop and the collections action will stop with a quick phone call. The bill should be paid by the workers comp insurance company and if they are not willing to pay a hearing should be requested.
Q. If I'm injured in a car accident in my company's parking lot, can I file for workers' comp?
A: You can certainly file a claim. In my opinion the case is, what is referred to as "compensable." It is somewhat likely that workers comp will challenge the claim because you were not inside the building, however there is specific case law that indicates you have a valid claim. Consider contacting a workers compensation attorney for assistance in filing the claim and arguing for you. In Maryland we are only able to request a fee after money is recovered on your behalf. In addition to compensation you would be entitled to medical treatment and other benefits to be paid. Please understand this does not constitute attorney advice nor does this response create an attorney to client relationship. In order to retain an attorney you must meet in person and sign a retainer agreement. Also note that the information you share on this forum are open to the public to see and is not protected by privilege. Good Luck!
Q. What is a workers' compensation hearing and what does it entail?
A: A workers comp hearing is similar to a court proceeding however it is at the administrative level before the Workers Compensation Commission (essentially the Judges). If you do not have an attorney one will likely be needed. If you do then you should have a discussion about this with your attorney before the hearing. Good Luck!
Q. How bad does it look to go through two lawyers and want to get rid of your third one in a workers comp case?
A: The real issue is going to be your ability to find a fourth attorney that will get involved for only 1/4 of the potential fee. With each new attorney the fee share gets reduced incrementally. Good luck and I wish you well!
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
9505 Reisterstown Road
Baltimore, MD 21117
Telephone: (410) 937-1659
Cell: (410) 937-1659
By Appointment Only
Parkville, MD, USA
Telephone: (410) 937-1659
By Appointment Only
10440 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
Toll-Free: (410) 937-1659
By Appointment Only
111 S. Calvert St., Suite 2700
Baltimore, MD 21202
Telephone: (410) 937-1659
By Appointment Only
Bel Air, MD, USA
Telephone: (410) 937-1659