Free Consultation: (219) 228-8886Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew L. Bennett

Andrew L. Bennett

Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C.
  • Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Traffic Tickets ...
  • Indiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldSocial Media

I am an experienced criminal trial attorney, with over 22 years practicing law, including felony trials for Reckless Homicide. The majority of those years were spent as a deputy prosecuting attorney where I concentrated on OWI cases including OWI Causing Death cases.

In my capacity as a deputy prosecuting attorney I would routinely go to crash scenes at all hours of the day or night. Many times throughout the year I would conduct training for law enforcement officers. This has provided me with a keen insight into and knowledge of the criminal justice system.

This passion to do my best and put the hours needed into a case is now brought to defending my clients in Northwest Indiana including the counties of Lake, Porter, La Porte, St. Joseph, Newton, Jasper, Starke and Marshall in a variety of criminal cases including misdemeanors and complex felonies.

I rely upon my honesty and integrity, presenting the facts in a straight forward manner. I strive to maintain a strong rapport with my clients, other legal professionals and the bench. I would like to put my knowledge, experience & dedication to work for you.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Domestic Violence
  • White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Areas
  • Specialized Driving Privileges
  • Expungements
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I do offer flexible payment plans that work with your budget.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C.
Valparaiso University School of Law
J.D. | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Ball State University
B.S. (1994) | Political Science, Psychology, Business
Ball State University Logo
Client's Choice Award
Professional Associations
Indiana State Bar  # 20788-45
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lake County Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Criminal Defense section
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Porter County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Inns of Court, Calumet Council
Master of the Bench
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Prosecutor Perspective in OWI cases and substance abuse treatment , Fall Conference , Nashville, IN
Panel discussion for Introduction to Courts , Ivy Tech College
Panel discussion on Criminal Justice System, the role of the Police, Prosecutor and Defense Attorney , Criminal Law class
Ivy Tech College
Websites & Blogs
Andrew L. Bennett's Website Profile
Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C. Website
Legal Answers
486 Questions Answered

Q. my son is persona non grata in Indiana almost 10 years instead of going to court for alledgedly selling hash Never tried
A: Not sure what you mean by persona non grata, it would be illegal for a court to tell him he is banned from coming into the state. If you could provide more information such as a name and dob to look up the case. If the case is closed and the time frame has been met he may be eligible for an expungement.
Q. after sentencing, how long does it take to change the charges on your personal record, had felony, now misdamenor
A: It depends on how fast the central repository updates your records after they receive notice. However, you should expect the process to take at least a month, the clerk with have to process the plea and send the changes on to law enforcement. After the update, your criminal history will likely still show the felony but indicate it was amended down. Make sure you have a copy of plea and sentencing order to show that your charges have concluded and you have no felony conviction.
Q. I live in Marion County Indianapolis Indiana how do I get a protective order taken away me and my boyfriend live togethe
A: If its a protective order prepared by your boyfriend, he can go to court and request it be terminated or vice versa if you got the PO against him. If its a No Contact Order, the decision will be up to the court. Whom ever is the victim in the criminal case should call the Prosecutors Office to speak to Victims Assistance or a prosecutor directly to advise they no longer want an NCO. The Court will likely set a hearing before making a decision.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Bennett & Catsadimas, P.C.
205 E Jefferson Street
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Telephone: (219) 228-8886
Fax: (219) 228-8626
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Today)
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed