Free Consultation: (401) 300-4055Tap to Call This Lawyer
Andrew Bilodeau

Andrew Bilodeau

Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC
  • Business Law, Real Estate Law, Insurance Claims...
  • Connecticut, District of Columbia, Rhode Island
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial MediaResponsive Law

Andrew Bilodeau is the managing partner at Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC and is admitted to practice in Rhode Island and Connecticut state and federal courts and Washington DC.

A small sample of his experience includes work on behalf of individuals in estate planning, probate and administration, will contests, contractor disputes, insurance claim disputes, real estate transactions and litigation (adverse possession).

Andrew's representation also includes small & large businesses, real estate developers, contractors, national banks, creditors, insurance companies, representing them in transactions, foreclosures, litigation, collection actions, bankruptcies, and receiverships. Andrew is also a Rhode Island Court appointed Receiver and a Certified Mediator.

Andrew has significant hands-on experience he can offer to his clients. Prior to and during Andrew’s career as an attorney, he has started several successful companies that still operate and thrive today, including a manufacturing company and several restaurants. Andrew’s extensive experience in business translates into representing his clients with a better understanding of their business and legal issues.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
    I offer in person and phone complimentary initial consultations.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover
  • Contingent Fees
    On a case by case basis
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
Rhode Island
Rhode Island Bar Association
ID Number: 7174
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC
Associate Attorney
Wieck DeLuca & Gemma Incorporated
Northeastern University
MBA (2020) | Finance & Marketing
Roger Williams University School of Law
J.D. (2004)
University of Rhode Island
B.A. (2001)
Professional Associations
Rhode Island State Bar
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. My father is selling his mobile home, agreed on a price, inspection came back and told he needs to deduct $800?
A: If the agreement was for $26,000 your father should receive the full $26,000 if he does not want to make any concessions. Generally the agreement with have a time period for the due diligence - inspections, etc. during that time if an issue is discovered, the buyer can chose to waive the deficiency and purchase or the buyer can walk away. It's highly unlikely for the contract to contain a provision that would require the seller to pay for correcting the deficiencies that are discovered during the due diligence period. I would carefully review the contract to determine what his rights and obligations are as expressly written in the agreement.
Q. My husband and I are tenants in common. We have no will. What happens to his portion upon his death.
A: Hello, I’m sorry that you are going through this difficult time with your husband. I just need to know if your husband has any children and if any of his parents are alive. This will determine what you receive. Thank you. Sincerely, Andrew Bilodeau
Q. Bought home with big fenced yard for dogs, 5 minutes after closing found out 1/3 of the yard belongs to neighbor. Help.
A: Hello, There are many components to this That need to be examined before I would be able to give you a correct answer. If during the transaction you purchased title insurance and the owner signed an Affidavit swearing that there are no known encroachments, boundary disputes, etc. you may have a claim. I would recommend obtaining a survey. If the prior owner of your property is actually encroaching on your neighbors and the use of the property that was encroached upon fulfills the elements of adverse possession, you may have a quiet title action to obtain the land in dispute. I would highly recommend seeking a restraining order restraining & enjoining your neighbor from erecting any fences until the determination of property rights can be made.
Q. what can i due if a tenant use there surcerity deposit as there last month rent and there was damage to the place
A: Hello, You will need to provide notice to the tenant regarding the damage to the apartment/house with an itemization of the cost to repair and you can pursue those damages in a court action if they are in an amount to be worthwhile. I would also evaluate whether or not the former tenant has the ability to pay. You may be able to obtain a judgment which remains valid for 20 years along with accruing interest but individual with whom you have a judgment against can never pay, then you will be out those funds as well.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC
Rhode Island - Main Office
1350 Division Rd
West Warwick, RI 02893
Telephone: (401) 300-4055
Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC
Connecticut - By Appointment Only
100 Pearl St
14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06013
Telephone: (855) 502-2529