Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Law
- Consumer Law
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Insurance Claims
- White Collar Crime
- Credit Cards Accepted
Cash, Certified Checks, Money Orders, and payment through Pay Pal.
- Contingent Fees
Mixed Retainer for cases involving certain types of litigation. Hourly fees are paid up to a certain limit, and then a contingency fee kicks in.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$200.00/hr. - $563.00/hr. The consultation fee will credited towards any retainer for legal services.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States Tax Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Law Office Of Andrellos Mitchell, PLLC / Apex Legal Services
- - Current
- Contract Attorney
- Law Firms
- - Current
- Court Appointed Counsel
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia - Probate Division
- Represented clients in Probate Court matters involving Guardianship and Conservatorship.
- Small Business Consultant
- ACM Consulting
- Fraud Examiner
- District of Columbia - Department of Insurance, Securities & Banking
- Law Clerk
- American Civil Liberties Union
- UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
- J.D. (1993) | Law
- University of the District of Columbia
- M.A. (1990) | Education
- Completed an accelerated Master's Program in less than 10 months.
- Honors: 4.0 GPA
- Frostburg State University
- B.S. (1986) | Social Work
- Honors: NCAA Track & Field All American Penn Relays Champion All Mason Dixon Conference Champion
- Activities: Track & Field
- University of Texas - Austin
- other | Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling
- Pursuing certification to become Certified Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor. Auditing only.
- Mount Union College
- Honors: All Ohio Athletic Conference Champion
- Activities: Track & Field
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- Maryland Employment Lawyers Association
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), Life Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Former Member
- American Bar Association, Former Member
- Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association, Former Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Former Member
- Federal Bar Association, Former Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA), Former Member
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
Articles & Publications
- What To Do If Stopped By The Police For DUI/DWI
- The Washington Informer
- Protect Your Family With Estate Planning (Dec. 2013)
- Washington Informer
- Things You Should Know About Filing Bankruptcy (Financial Literacy Supplement/October 2010)
- Washington Informer
- Court Appointed Counsel - Probate Court (2007-2015)
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
Websites & Blogs
26 Questions Answered
- Q. If I'm already working for an company, can they fire me if a background check company doesn't provide a timely response
- A: This sounds like a hypothetical question. An employer can always come up with a reason to deny you a clearance, no matter how high or low the level of the clearance.
- Q. Job knew I had disability. Sent a letter to say come to work, if no note in 6 days your fired. Was time to short?
- A: No, not necessarily. It all depends on the facts, intent, and motivation of your employer, as well as whether or not you followed the law on requesting a reasonable accommodation. The employer knowing you are disabled is not enough. You must make a request for a reasonable accommodation, your medical issue must be of the type protected under the law, and it must be documented by a qualified medical professional.
- Q. Im a federal supervisor. I manage a staff of 8. One of my employees is harassing me with frivolous emails and demanding
- A: Just based on what you have presented I can't advise you. It requires meeting to discuss the case, review of paperwork, and research. However, it sounds like you may be open to getting in trouble with upper level management and should hire counsel to protect your rights.
- Q. What recourse do I have for being slander by my employer to congressional staffers/ hearing?
- A: It definitely sounds like you need to hire a lawyer before you respond on writing or in person. Everything going forward will be shaped by your employer and the narrative he/she wants to create. You need to carefully counter that narrative. It is best to have someone speak on your behalf when possible. Put a buffer between you and your employer/ investigators. It would help a lot if i knew more about your case and what you are being accused of. My prices are very affordable considering my time as a lawyer and the DC Market. Feel free to contact me. We can meet for lunch, your home, or at the office. I hope to hear from you.
- Q. I have stopped making payments - for 4 mo. on credit card & medical debt - about 15,000. in debt. If they file judgement
- A: No!
- Q. Can a law firm be sued?
- A: Well, I guess you got what you paid for. But seriously, even though the firm represented you for free, if it was negligent in the handling of your case and breached its duty of care compared to other law firms in the community, handling the same types of cases, theoretically you can sue the firm. However, based on the facts you present, I don't think you have a legally sufficient basis to sue the firm.
- Q. Is it legal for our government to give billions of American taxpayers dollars to an illegally nuclear armed country.
- A: The U.S. Government has been giving Isreal Billions of dollars in foreign aid for many years and getting little in return...so apparently it is legal.
- Q. My wife and I are getting a divorce. She is going to try and get alimony and child support. I am the sole provider for
- A: Call me.
- Q. So do I have this right? Filing chapter 13 means I can keep my home?
- A: In general...that's correct, if you meet the terms of the Plan.
Contact & Map