Free Consultation: (603) 580-2887Tap to Call This Lawyer
Amy C. Connolly

Amy C. Connolly

Family Law Specialist, Board-Certified in Family Trial Law by the NBTA
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence
  • New Hampshire
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Amy Connolly helps protect her clients’ children, assets and future. She is the only Board-Certified family trial lawyer in New Hampshire certified by the National Board of Trial advocacy. This accreditation demonstrates her specialized knowledge in the area of family law. She has successfully represented clients in the Circuit Court-Family Division and the New Hampshire Supreme Court. Prior to practicing family law, Attorney Connolly was a felony level prosecutor. With over a decade of experience, her clients benefit from her extensive jury and bench trial skill.

Although Attorney Connolly is very comfortable in a courtroom, she recognizes that most family law cases are best settled outside of court. She has represented hundreds of clients in mediation and is certified in Collaborative Law. Collaborative law can best be described as divorce without court. Attorney Connolly was editor-in-chief and co-author of an award-winning publication in Collaborative practice.

In the legal community, Attorney Connolly serves on the Board of Directors on the New Hampshire Association for Justice (NHAJ) and the Rockingham County Bar association. She is the chair of the family law peer group for the NHAJ. Attorney Connolly is also a member of the Women’s Bar Association, the New Hampshire Collaborative Law, the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Family Law Section and Estate Planning Section. She has served as faculty in several attorney trainings. Attorney Connolly is an alumni of the New Hampshire Bar Association’s Leadership Academy.

Attorney Connolly earned her JD from the University of New Hampshire School of Law (formerly Pierce Law) and her BS from the University of New Hampshire. In law school, Attorney Connolly was a senior editor on law review. She also was a member of Moot Court where she won national awards in legal writing and oral advocacy.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
    Complimentary thirty-minute consultations.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Hampshire
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Connolly Law PLLC
- Current
Of Counsel
Russman Law
Felony Prosecutor
Rockingham County Attorney's Office
Boynton Waldron Doleac Woodman & Scott
University of New Hampshire School of Law
J.D. (2006)
Honors: Best Brief in the Nation-William B Spong National Moot Court Tournament 2004 Runner up Best Oral Advocate in the Nation-William B. Soon National Moot Court Tournament 2005
Activities: Senior Editor of Law Review, Moot Court
University of New Hampshire School of Law Logo
Top 100 Lawyers
National Trial Lawyer's Association
Top 40 under 40
National Trial Lawyer's Association
Professional Associations
New Hampshire Bar Association # 17721
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Hampshire Association for Justice
Board Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Rockingham County Bar Association
Board of Governors
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Hampshire Women's Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Hampshire Collaborative Law Alliance
Board of Directors
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Collaborative Law Practice and Procedures
Speaking Engagements
17-Annual NHAJ Family Law Forum, Manchester, NH
Presenter on UCCJEA Developments and Disputes
17-Annual NHAJ Family Law Forum, Manchester, NH
Presenter on Effective Use of Technology in the Courtroom
Board-Certified in Family Trial Law
National Board of Trial Advocacy
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. If support payer decides on a career change which reduces his income, by, say, $10k, can the support order be amended?
A: It would depend on how much the person made annually. If the individual earned $150,000 a year, a $10,000 decrease may not be substantial. However, if the person makes $40,000 a year, a $10,000 decrees could be considered grounds to seek a support modification. Good luck.
Q. Is it OK for my GAL to forward our private email's to the opposing counsel without my permission?
A: The GAL needs to give you access to anything relied upon as a basis for the recommendation. No communication between you at the GAL is considered confidential. Most GALs will print every email between both parties and keep it in the file that can be reviewed upon the opposing side's request. Because the GAL has an "open file" both sides have access to the complete investigation.
Q. I have majority parenting time, I want to move with my son back to my home state. How likely is the court to allow this?
A: In order to relocate you have to give the other parent 60 days notice of your intent to move. If the other parent objects, the court will need to decide if (1) if the move is for a legitimate purpose; (2) if the move is in the children's best interest. In general, the court will not favor allowing the primary parent to move out of state. In my experience, the only time a parent is permitted to move far away is if the parties have come to an agreement. I hope this helps.
Q. How to do I submit a modification to a parenting plan
A: You would file a new parenting plan, that can be found on the court's website. You would need to outline the new routine schedule you have agreed upon. The court should approve the agreement and you will receive a copy of the new parenting plan once it is approved.
Q. my ex girlfriend was just arrested for domestic violence against her mother, can I get full custody of my son?
A: You can file an ex parte motion to temporarily prevent parenting time with the mother so long as you can show that your son will suffer irreparable harm or injury if the relief requested is not granted. You would file this motion by going to the family court where your parenting plan was issued. Best of luck.
Q. If a 3yr old child resides in Pa with mother BirthC is blank and the potential father is nh where does DNA take place
A: If the child has live in PA for more than 6 months, that is the child's home state so paternity would be determined in PA. I hope this helps.
Q. I want to move out of state from an abusive father of my 8 year old. What are my options?
A: You should report the abuse to DCYF and obtain a protective order. You should seek court approval prior to moving out of state.
Q. Can I keep my kids a day of Dad's time for an important party I gave him 31 days notice for?
A: I believe you should check the language of the parenting plan. It usually contains a provision that each parent should make reasonable accommodations to deviate from the plan. I think that this would constitute a reasonable request. I do not believe that this would constitute "immediate or irreparable" harm to the children if they did not attend, so I do not believe you would have grounds to file an immediate motion with the court. However, he should make the accommodations because it sounds like you are being very reasonable about the request. I hope this helps.
Q. My children's father I divorced 8 years ago. I want to modify child support. Now he wants a paternity test. Can he?
A: I believe that he can request challenge paternity, however, he may run into a problem if he testified under oath that he was the biological father.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Connolly Law PLLC
20 Hampton Road
Suite C
Exeter, NH 03833
Telephone: (603) 580-2887
Connolly Law PLLC
2204 Woodbury Ave
Newington, NH 03801
Telephone: (603) 580-2887
Connolly Law PLLC
1650 Elm Street
Suite 202
Manchester, NH 03101