Amanda Howard Lowe is a partner in the New Orleans office of Kean Miller. She joined the firm in 2009 and practices in the admiralty and maritime, energy and corporate litigation groups. Amanda has considerable experience in a wide variety of admiralty issues, including Jones Act and personal injury defense, maritime litigation, oil and gas exploration, drilling accidents, well blowouts, cargo damage, ship collisions, ship allusions, vessel groundings, lift board and jack-up rig accidents, vessel mortgage filings, product liability, redhibition, as well as premises liability, construction defect litigation and general personal injury litigation. Amanda's experience also includes assisting clients in contract drafting, negotiations, and disputes, as well as general corporate matters.
She is a member of the New Orleans City Business Women of the Year Class of 2016. Amanda is listed as a Rising Star in Louisiana Super Lawyers 2018 - 2019.
Amanda earned her B.A. from Loyola University New Orleans in 2003. She earned her J.D., cum laude, in 2009 from the Loyola University New Orleans College of Law where she was a member of the Loyola Trial Advocacy National Team and the Trial Advocacy Board, 2008 to 2009. While at Loyola, Amanda was inducted into the National Order of the Barrister, 2009.
- Maritime Law
- Business Law
- Energy, Oil & Gas Law
- 5th Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Middle Districts of Louisiana
- United States District Courts for the Eastern Districts of Louisiana.
- United States District Courts for the Western Districts of Louisiana
- Kean Miller LLP
- - Current
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- Honors: cum laude
- Activities: Member of the Loyola Trial Advocacy National Team and the Trial Advocacy Board, 2008 to 2009.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- 2018, 2019
- Women in Shipping and Trade Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- New Orleans Mariners Club
- Houston Mariners Club
- Women's Energy Network, Southeast Louisiana Chapter
- U.S. 5th Circuit Defines “Operating” Under OPA
- Louisiana Law Blog
- Amanda L. Howard's Website Profile
- Kean Miller LLP Website
- Louisiana Law Blog
- Comments on Social Media Could be Costly Under HIPAA
14 October 2019
- Patient Phone Calls, To Record or Not to Record?
30 September 2019
- U.S. Third Circuit Rules Pipeline Company’s Eminent Domain Rights Under Natural Gas Act Limited by Sovereign Immunity
26 September 2019
- The Final OT Rules Are Out – Time For Action (Again)!
24 September 2019
- Who You Affiliate with Could Jeopardize Your Medicare Enrollment
16 September 2019
- Ag Lenders and Vendors: The Family Farmer Relief Act of 2019 Opens Chapter 12 Bankruptcy to More Farmers
11 September 2019
- Telemedicine Help is on the Way for Louisiana Patients on Vacay
30 August 2019
- RMP Amendment Rule At Odds with OSHA Review Commission BP Husky Decision
6 August 2019
- 2019 Legislative Session and Other Tax Updates
26 July 2019