Free Consultation: (305) 517-3457Tap to Call This Lawyer
Alvaro Augusto Acevedo

Alvaro Augusto Acevedo

Brickell Law Group P.A.
  • Tax Law
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Alvaro Acevedo “Al” is a tax and international law attorney, certified public accountant, and enrolled agent. The only one in Florida. He focuses in representing business entities and individuals in all domestic and international tax matters. Al provides, structuring, consulting, representation, asset protection, corporate administration and litigation services. Al is the only tax attorney in Florida that is federally licensed to represent before the I.R.S., the U.S. Tax Court, and the U.S. Court of International Trade in all 50 states and D.C.. He is also certified as a Tax Resolution Specialist and is a fellow of the National Tax Practice Institute. He has offices in Miami, Bogota, and Panama. Alvaro habla Español. Alvaro fala Português.

Practice Area
  • Tax Law
  • Free Consultation
    Get in touch, the initial consultation is free
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I DO NOT bill hourly. Only flat & contingency fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
United States Tax Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Portuguese: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Domestic & International Tax Attorney
Brickell Law Group P.A.
- Current
Georgetown University Law Center
LL.M. (2019) | Tax Law
Georgetown University Law Center Logo
Georgetown University Law Center
Executive Certificate (2018) | International Tax Law
Georgetown University Law Center Logo
Harvard University
Executive Program (2018) | Mastering Trade Policy
Harvard University Logo
Nova Southeastern University
J.D. (2014) | Law
Nova Southeastern University Logo
Harvard University
Comparative Tax Policy & Administration (2014) | Tax
Harvard University Logo
Professional Associations
Florida Bar # 0115384
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
International Tax Continuing Education Event, Advanced International Tax Transaction Reporting Techniques, Coral Gables
National Association of Enrolled Agents
International Tax Advanced Reporting Techniques
International Tax Continuing Education Event, Advanced International Tax Transaction Reporting Techniques, Coral Gables
National Association of Enrolled Agents
International Tax Advanced Reporting Techniques
Certified Public Accountant
Massachusetts Board of Public Accountancy
National Tax Practice Institute Fellow
National Association of Enrolled Agents
Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
National Association of Tax Problem Solvers
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. kids are 19, 20 and 21 can I file a civil suit for unpaid support? I’ve never received his taxes due to him not filing.
A: Check with the Department of Children and Falilies to enforce the order.
Q. Can you deduct land restoration expenses as a result of erosion on investment property?
A: You can typically deduct these expenses through depreciation, meaning you capitalize the expenses because you are creating an asset with a usefull life beyond one year.
Q. What rights do a buyer have when a seller refuses to honor their closing date?
A: This is not a tax law question. This should be addressed to a Real Estate attorney.
Q. I am lease purchasing a truck from Lone Mountain Truck Leasing in Iowa. I will then lease onto a carrier based in FL
A: Unfortunately there are many variables here. The general rule is that if the vehicle will not be operated in Florida, they should not have to add sales tax. Call me for a free evaluation
Q. Are we required to pay intangible tax on a property we are transferring into a revocable trust via a quit claim deed?
A: You will have to pay documentary stamp tax on the Mortgage and the transfer to the state of Florida.
Q. If I sell a rental property in Florida where I live and buy either a house or land in NY do I still have to pay capitals
A: In most cases if you lived in the property 2 of the last 5 years you exclude between 250K - 500K of gains regardless of what you do with the money. If you want to postpone capital gain you can do a 1031 exchange.
Q. What is the aprox time and cost to resolve 10 plus years on unfiled taxes , do I need a lawyer or a CPA ?
A: You may need both. I am a lawyer And a CPA. I can help you out. See and I will give you a complimentary case evaluation.
Q. Can you recommend a IRS Tax Attorney in Polk County?thanks,
A: I represent nationally. We can schedule a free case evaluation if you like.
Q. I am in the 15% tax bracket. I bought 10 acres for $170k and sold it for $2.5 million. Do I pay capital gains tax?
A: Most likely Yes. Unless you do a 1031 exchange.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Brickell Law Group P.A.
Suite 900
MIAMI, FL 33131
Telephone: (305) 517-3457