Free Consultation: (203) 357-5555Tap to Call This Lawyer
Allan F. Friedman
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI...
  • Connecticut, New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Attorney Friedman has been zealously defending the rights of those accused of committing crimes throughout Connecticut since 1992. In the past quarter decade Attorney Friedman has devoted his career to serving the community and providing top notch criminal defense. Attorney Friedman has fought cases all the way up to our Supreme Court. While your case may not be quite that complex, Attorney Friedman will bring the same determination and no stone unturned approach to defending your rights no matter how big or small your case may be. If you are under police investigation or have been arrested call Attorney Friedman for a no obligation free consultation today (203) 357-5555. Remember, never speak to the Police without first contacting an attorney. You have the right to remain silent so always exercise that right. Offices located in Stamford and Norwalk

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Traffic Tickets
Additional Practice Areas
  • Restraining Orders
  • Driver's License Reinstatement
  • Shoplifting
  • Free Consultation
    Free phone consultations and free 15 office consultation on all cases
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All Credit Cards accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New York
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
The Law Offices Of Allan F. Friedman
Quinnipiac University School of Law
Quinnipiac University School of Law Logo
State University of New York - College at New Paltz
Placeholder image for education.
Elite Lawyer
Elite Lawyers of America
Award for excellence in criminal law practice
10 Best for Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Award for providing excellence in client service in criminal law
Professional Associations
Fairfield County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New York State Bar # 2520286
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Radio Interview, Drug law enforecement and the failed war on drugs, Live on air radio interview
Empire Radio Now! Professional Round Table
Radio interview on drug policy and the failed war on drugs in our society and how we defend those who have been wrongfully accused of crimes
AVVO Client's Choice Award 2017 - 2019
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. Is it legal for a store to put a picture of me on the wall for shoplifting for the general public to see
A: Are you saying that you were arrested for shoplifting in Connecticut could the store you were arrested in post a mug shot of you in the store after your case was dismissed? Generally, if your case is dismissed in Connecticut by operation of our erasure statute you are deemed to have never been arrested. I think your question is more of a privacy issue at this point and I think we would need more details to understand if your privacy rights are being violated depending on what kind of photo is being posted and how it was obtained. I would consult with an intellectual property lawyer not a criminal lawyer as your criminal case is now closed and it seems that what offends you is a violaction of your right to privacy
Q. Can a person under arrest for murder and who attempted suicide, now in hospital in critical, prolong the stay there inde
A: Assuming is bond is revoked he would be held under guard at a hospital until well enough to transfer to a Correctional Center There he could continue to receive medical treatment A twist is that since he was taken to NY for treatment he would have to waive extradition back to CT or be extradited Finally, assuming that he lives and leaves a hospital, he would need to be deemed to have mental competency to stand trial. Lacking competency he could never be tried I think everyone needs to wait to see how the story unfolds to see what happens with his health and that may take some time to see where the legal case will go
Q. Assault third and breach of peace in the second degree, want to plead self defense but the state prosecutor does not see
A: You can always plead self defense if you take your case to trial. However, I would advise you to explore other alternatives first such as diversionary programs such as family violence education program for domestic violence matters; the supervised diversionary program or the accelerated rehabilitation program. I have links that explain all of these programs on my web page or just use google
Q. What does it mean to be violating probation with conditional discharge?
A: A conditional discharge is not probation. Generally it means that your sentence is suspended and you are not on probation unless you violate a condition of the "conditional discharge." In most cases the condition would be - don't get arrested for any crimes. However, the Court can add other conditions such as no contact with the victim or restitution, etc. You need to review the language in your documents received at the time of sentencing to see the exact conditions that apply to you.
Q. placed a firearm on toilet paper dispenser in a restroom, was rushed out and forgot it. charged with 53a-64
A: I have had a lot of clients arrested for the same offense. As a firearms owner the obligation is on you to not leave it in any place where it can be easily accessed by others. You have options to have this case dismissed through a diversionary program. Call for a free consultation
Q. Whats a lesser charge of witness tampering?
A: I have some great advice for you. 1. Do not speak to any Detectives - the Police are not looking to make friends. Remain silent. 2. Find a criminal defense attorney who offers free consultations and review your situation in detail and get some specific advice on how to proceed
Q. if i sexted a girl before the age 18 and then turnt 18 before her parents found out, can i get in trouble if i stopped?
A: To answer your question would depend upon exactly how old the girl was when you were "sexting" her and how old you were at the time. For example if the girl was 15 years old at the time and you were 21 you would be charged with risk of injury to a minor. I think you would seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney who offers free consultations concerning the specifics of your particular situation.
Q. Do I automatically have to go to prison being a convicted felon caught with a gun
A: 53a-217 sets forth the penalty for possession of a firearm or ammunition by a felon is a class C felony with a two year mandatory minimum jail sentence. I would suggest that you seek the services of a qualified criminal defense counsel for a free initial consultation to see if there are any defenses to your charges
Q. I have a violation of probation for not paying my restitution my probation ends in 2 weeks I've been on for 3 years now.
A: Will you get a bond? Yes you will. In some cases I have been able to defend these kind of probation violation cases were clients have good reasons for not paying restitution, e.g. (health, inability to find employment, etc) You should obtain a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney to consider your options to defend the case
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Allan F. Friedman Criminal Lawyer
Main Office
24 Hoyt St
Stamford, CT 06905
Telephone: (203) 357-5555
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours (Today)
Saturday: Open 24 hours
Sunday: Open 24 hours
Notice: We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week
Allan F. Friedman Criminal Lawyer
Norwalk Office
(By Appointment Only)
40 Richards Ave
Norwalk, CT 06854
Telephone: (203) 847-2000
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours (Today)
Saturday: Open 24 hours
Sunday: Open 24 hours
Notice: We are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to assist you