I have been practicing law in Rochester, New York, and nearby towns for the past 13 years. I concentrate my practice in matrimonial and family law. I counsel my clients on divorce, separation, custody, relocation, child support, adoption, premarital and postmarital agreements.
More specifically, I assist my clients with such matters as:
* Child Abuse
* Child Custody
* Child Support
* Child Support Enforcement
* Dependency Proceedings
* Domestic Partnerships
* Domestic Violence Orders
* Family Court Proceedings
* Family Law
* Fertility and Surrogacy
* Foreign Adoption
* Foster Care
* Grandparent Custody & Visitation Rights
* Grandparent Rights
* Name Change
* Parental Rights
* Postnuptial Agreements
* Prenuptial Agreements
* Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs)
* Restraining Orders
* Separation and Separation Agreements
I represent clients in Collaborative Family Law cases which involve resolving family disputes without going to court.
I have substantial litigation and trial experience in the Family and Supreme Courts, and have briefed and argued appeals in the Appellate Division.
I also represent clients in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy matters.
In addition, I represent clients in civil and commercial litigation, criminal and real estate matters.
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Real Estate Law
- Workers' Compensation
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
Free consultations available.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Please call my office to discuss.
- New York
- Belarusian: Spoken
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Ukrainian: Spoken
- Law Office of Alexander Korotkin, Esq.
- - Current
- Chamberlain D'Amanda
- Representing clients in family law, litigation and bankruptcy matters.
- State University of New York - Buffalo
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Union College
- B.A | Managerial Economics
- Honors: Honors Thesis Dean's List 1988-1989
- William E. McKnight Volunteer Service Award
- Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Award for pro bono representation.
- Monroe County Bar Association
- - Current
- New York State Bar Association
- - Current
- A Roadmap Through Divorce Proceedings
- Commentary to CPLR Article 31
- Consolidated Law Service
- Rochester Family Lawyer
- Temporary Spousal Maintenance and Marital Residence Expenses
20 May 2018
- Exclusive Possession of Marital Residence Revisited
7 January 2018
- Expanding Definition of What It Means to Be a Parent
4 September 2016
- Final Custody Determination Requires a Plenary Hearing
24 July 2016
- Parent Who Is Prevented From Seeing Child By Other Spouse Is Not Obligated To Pay Child Support
24 April 2016
- What Makes a Marriage Valid?
25 January 2016
- New Temporary Spousal Maintenance Provisions are Now In Effect
14 November 2015
- Enforcement Proceedings and Attorney Retainer
12 September 2015
- Validity and Finality of Custody Stipulations
2 August 2015
- Rochester Bankruptcy and Debt Relief