Free Consultation: (859) 581-0800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Adam Michael Russell

Adam Michael Russell

Managing Partner - Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
  • Personal Injury, Products Liability, Juvenile Law...
  • Kentucky, Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My clients trust me to advocate for them with personal dignity, integrity, and independence. I gladly accept this responsibility and practice the same values when dealing with my colleagues. I am committed to achieving my clients' lawful objectives as quickly and as economically as possible. I am privileged to advocate for the injured. My main areas of practice include: Civil Litigation: Serious Injury | Automobile Accidents | Motorcycle Accidents | Insurance Bad Faith | Insurance Claims | Business Contracts Criminal Defense: Misdemeanor | Felony | DUI

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Juvenile Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Medical Malpractice
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • Brain Injury
  • Free Consultation
    Call me today for a free consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    I accept contingency fee agreements for most personal injury and insurance claims.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney & Managing Partner
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
- Current
Willenborg, Russell & Ireland, PLLC
Gregory S. Young Co., L.P.A.
Associate Attorney
Law Clerk
Gregory S. Young Co., L.P.A.
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
J.D. | Law
University of Kentucky
B.S. | Finance and Economics
Top 40 Under 40
The National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
Ohio Association for Justice
- Current
American Association for Justice
- Current
Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Current
Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Current
Northern Kentucky Young Lawyers
- Current
Cincinnati Bar Association
- Current
Ohio State Bar Association
- Current
Kentucky Justice Association
- Current
Kentucky State Bar
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Law Firm Marketing, Hanging Your Shingle: A Guide to Small Firm Practice, Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University
Websites & Blogs
Russell & Ireland Law Group, LLC
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. I went to a rental property and was assaulted by the renter - can I sue her renters's insurance?
A: If you decided to file a lawsuit, it would need to be against the renter who assaulted you as the bad actor and as the named defendant. Her insurance policy may or may not cover this type of incident - it depends on the policy language. An assault is usually an intentional act, and most insurance policies provide coverage for certain types of accidents, but exclude intentional acts. In sum, yes you can bring a claim, but it may be difficult finding insurance coverage.
Q. I was hit in Ohio but live in Kentucky. Do I have to sue in Ohio?
A: The answer is maybe. You need an attorney who fully understands the laws of both Kentucky and Ohio.
Q. I got injured in a car accident in Ohio but I was visiting there from Kentucky. Do I still have to go through court
A: The answer is maybe, but it is complicated. There is not enough information to answer. It is important that you hire an attorney who is licensed in both Kentucky and Ohio due to the conflict of laws that arise in this situation. For example, Kentucky insurance policies typically includes PIP coverage, which is a product of Kentucky law. If you took out your policy of car insurance in Kentucky, then it is important you have an attorney who understands how to leverage your Kentucky policy for maximum benefit under the laws of Ohio. Ohio law will apply with regards to who is at fault for the crash and other procedural issues.
Q. I rented a motorcycle and the brakes failed and I injured myself -
A: Have an attorney to review the waiver. I suspect the waiver recites the inherent danger of riding a motorcycle, etc. But it could be argued that you did not waive any claim for the negligence of the rental agency. If you can prove that the brakes did in fact fail, and that the failure was the proximate cause of your crash and your injuries, then you could have a claim. Speak with an attorney right away.
Q. We was involved in a 6 vehicle wreck on Jello hill but I live in the state of Kentucky where do I need to file a claim
A: The laws of the state where the crash occurred will control, and in most circumstances a court action would be initiated in that jurisdiction. An injury claim should first be filed with the at-fault party or parties insurance carriers. Multi-car crashes can be complicated. Do not speak with any insurance company or provide a statement without first speaking to an attorney.
Q. I got hit and wasn't at fault, but I was drinking and the police did a sobriety test -
A: Do not provide a statement to (any) insurance company without an attorney.
Q. Does homeowner's insurance cover a dog attack?
A: Often, yes. Contact an attorney experienced with dog bite attacks.
Q. The lawyer I contacted about my personal injury matter said he worked on a contingent fee basis. What does this mean?
A: Contingency fees are very common in personal injury cases, and can range anywhere from 25%-40% of total funds collected depending on a variety of factors. A higher percentage may be justified for a more complex case or a case where fault is questionable. A contingency fee means that the lawyer's fee is contingent, or depends, upon a successful outcome in the case. In a contingency fee arrangement, the lawyer is taking on risk by advancing case expenses and working with no money or retainer paid in advance by the client. This arrangement is usually helpful to an injured client who may already be struggling with injury related expenses such as medical bills and lost wages. Ethically, lawyers must have a signed contract before they can begin representation on a contingency fee basis. Be sure to review the contract carefully and ask your lawyer what happens with expenses if no fee is collected.
Q. How long do you have to file a lawsuit against the other driver in a car accident?
A: The answer is more complicated than it may seem. If you accident is in KY, and you have not rejected the provisions of Kentucky's Motor Vehicle Reparations Act ("MVRA"), then you usually have two years from the crash or two years from the date of the last PIP payment under the MVRA. There are many exceptions. For example, a spouse's claim for loss of consortium is not extended by the MVRA and must be filed within one year. Also, a PIP payment that is a "replacement" payment does not extend the statute. Speak with an attorney about the specific facts of your case and do not wait! The sooner you engage an attorney the sooner he or she can begin building your case.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
726 Greenup Street
Covington, KY 41011
Telephone: (859) 581-0800
Fax: (859) 757-2466